Saturday, August 21, 2010

easy peasy mexican chicken

I'm entering the world of crock-pot cooking in an attempt to make life easier once I start back to work in a few weeks.

We tried this last night and we both enjoyed it. I thought I'd share because it is the EASIEST thing ever.

Mexican Chicken

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 jar of salsa
8oz cream cheese.

Put the chicken in the crock-pot (I put mine in frozen)
Add corn, beans, and salsa. (Drained - Thanks leah)
Cook on high for 4-5 hours (I did 4)
Add cream cheese - just set it on top - and cook another 30 mins. Stir.

The chicken comes out shredded. We served it over brown rice. Try it with a side of sour cream (and/or guacamole) Yummy! Also makes great leftovers.

The only note I'd add is I'd recommend using a spicy salsa. I used a Medium cause I don't like spicy foods a ton, but thought it could have used a bit more kick.

4 comments:

Macey said...

What a great recipe! It sounds good and SOOO easy! :)

*Jen* said...

I've made this before! We love it wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla.
I love using my Crock-Pot, especially in winter.

If you're looking for more to try, here are a couple of my go-to Crock-Pot repeaters:
* http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-and-tasty-barbecue-chicken-sandwiches-in-the-crock-pot-95569
* http://www.food.com/recipe/meatball-vegetable-stew-in-crock-pot-85106

Anonymous said...

Did you drain the corn and black beans? And what size jar of salsa did you use?

~Leah

Bethany said...

sounds delicious!

background

counter