Thursday, February 19, 2009

growing

Dear Abby, 

Yesterday, February 18th 2009, is the day it happened.  It's the first day I looked at you and saw how big you've grown in the last 9 weeks.  

I picked you up out of your crib and I noticed that you were heavier, but I didn't have time to think about that long because you were unhappy with life at that moment and telling me ALL about it.  Later in the day, while you were eating, I noticed how long you looked resting on the boppy.  You also rest your little folded hands across your chest now while you eat, it's cute.

But it was later in the evening when I really noticed.  Your daddy was feeding you a bottle and I was cooking dinner.  I looked across the room and it was then that it happened - you grew.  You looked so big in his arms.  Everything about you looked bigger.  I think he stated it well when he said that you're not a newborn anymore - you're a baby.  And yes, I realize that you're still below the 10 pound mark and that you have a lot of growing to do- but I wanted to let you know that yesterday was the moment that it started.  

You were a great newborn.  Very easy for the most part.  And I like to think that I cherished those early days and weeks appropriately.  But, I'm also glad to see you grow.  I love that you can smile and coo at me now.  I'm enjoying this more interactive phase quite a bit.  So, I'm not sad that you're getting bigger - I'm excited.  Someday I'll tell you to slow down, but for this moment, I'm happy to let you bloom.

We love you very much!  Keep growing baby girl.

Photobucket

5 comments:

hannah said...

i love it, laura. and i love that it has been documented. you'll always remember cooking dinner and looking over and seeing the two of them sitting together.

so sweet. such a sweet little family of three.

Anonymous said...

BELOW 10 lbs still? Wow she sure is a very tiny little thing. One of mine weighed 9 lbs 3 oz at birth....she is realy tiny now though!!!

Billie Jo said...

She looks big to me, too. I can't wait to see her (and her awesome parents). :-)

Mom of 2 boys said...

Laura - I hope that you are printing this blog out for Ms. Abigail's baby book ... I know that she'll cherish all of these memories when she's older.

Bobbi Sharp said...

That is too sweet and oh so true for all of us. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but it has. And they will only continue to grow and flourish with the love we share with them. Keep it up Abs!

background

counter