Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesdays with Abs

Just another day at the apartment for us today.  But, it was a good one.

Abby slept pretty well last night.  She's been getting up around 6:30 lately instead of 7 - but it's not that big a deal, I'll have to be up then anyway.  So this morning, we got up and she had her breakfast and monkey mat time and by 8:30 she was asleep for a nap.  She slept until 12:30!  Man, must be nice...

At that point, Nadira (the new nanny) came over for a few hours so I could show her around, and walk her though our basic schedule from nap time to nap time.  She fed Abby lunch and we all played for a while.  Abby just stared at Nadira for the longest time - no blinking - and then would griiiin.  Nadira handled her very well and Abby seemed to like her just fine.  

Photobucket

Nadira left when Abby was down for her second nap around 2 and I got some work done around the apartment.  When she woke up, we decided to make cupcakes.  It's Fat Tuesday after all. Abby was a great help.  Here she is telling me not to forget the eggs.  

Photobucket

After cupcakes, we spent some hardcore playing time together. This includes dancing to her favorite Putumayo world music CD, more monkey mat time, airplane flying time, and a little bit of tummy time.  Whew.  It didn't take long before she was tuckered out again.

Photobucket

Kyle is almost done with this thesis he's been working on.  Hopefully after tonight he'll have a little time to relax.  Also, this week the National Association of School Psychologists is having their conference in Boston!  That means that I get to see Billie Jo and some other friends who are flying in for the occasion!  Yay!  And then Monday...oh Monday...I start back to work.

...but let's not focus on that right now. Let's eat cupcakes.  

Happy Fat Tuesday!


8 comments:

jennybee said...

Aw, she *really* looks like Kyle when she sleeps with her mouth open like that.

Nadira looks cute with her.

Mmm. Cupcakes.

hannah said...

isn't it the greatest when they fall asleep with their mouths open? i love it. i need to take pictures of pratt when he does that. i'll miss that most when he's all big and wanting to be in his room talking on the phone to his girlfriends. ugh.

and...she really looks like her left arm is up in that bumbo picture...like she's pointing at the fridge saying, "uh, yeah...the eggs mom. don't forget the eggs!"

are you going to get to see any of the girls in boston this week?

Cari said...

That is awesome about NASP being right down the road. If you see some of our old classmates take pictures!!! I was just wondering when you would have to go back to work. I'll be thinking about ya next Monday....

Renee said...

Awww, good luck going back to work. I am not looking forward to May when I have to go full time :(

Anonymous said...

Aw...I hope you enjoy this last week before work. Girl, I would just rock her, stare at her, and soak it all in. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I like Nadira's look. It's a relief to me that you will have someone good.

Playtime is precious!

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Granny

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

It really looks like you found a great babysitter! Good luck with the return to work, I'm one week behind you and really trying to just not think about it!

Renee said...

Thanks for the comment on the blog! We are doing very good. Kirt works in Little Rock and I am staying home with Jackson until May when I will finish my masters in counseling. Our grocery bill hasnt always been that low and will probably go up some when I am working again and do not have as much time to search for the deals. This is our "family" blog- http://boothfamilypictures.wordpress.com/

background

counter