Saturday, February 21, 2009

randomness

Here are some random thoughts and pictures from the last few days.  

Remember how Abby hates having her hands swaddled?  Well, the other night, I swaddled her up while her arms were straight down at her sides.  She could not move.  Her little sleeves were even sticking out of the wrap down by her hips.  When I went to get her in the morning, I saw that she was happily sucking on her fingers.  What made me laugh was that she couldn't get her sleeve out, so she just took her arm out of the sleeve - thus giving her the look of being a 3 armed child.
Photobucket

Going grocery shopping with a baby is challenging.  Especially when you're going to more than one store where one requires you to put her in a sling and the other in the carrier.  And why I decided to go out on a Saturday afternoon to do this - I have no idea.  My best guess is that I just didn't know what day it was.  

It took me 5 hours to go to walgreens and then to the grocery store.  Sigh.  It took me 20 mins to find a parking spot at walgreens.  Imagine my grin when I pulled into this beauty at the grocery store:

Photobucket
I mean, THANK YOU!

While shopping, some old lady made a comment - asking me about my doll.  Huh?  My doll?  Yes- she thought Abby was a doll and that I was a high school kid that was doing one of those parenthood classes where they make you care for a mechanical baby.  I don't know which was more surprising, that she thought my baby was plastic or that I was in high school.

However.  Upon looking through some photos, I found this one from a previous shopping trip and, well, I actually can see it.  What do you think? Plastic baby doll or real life baby?
Photobucket

To continue the shopping saga - We finally get done, I was thrilled that Abby didn't cry in the store (well, just for a bit in walgreens).  But, as soon as I started the car to go home she started wailing.  She was hungry. You know what's worse than listening to a baby cry?  Listening to a baby cry in an underground parking garage.  I gave Abby a bottle in the car before trying to take her and all the food up to the apartment.  It's quite the scene.  I propped her bottle up on some fabric and let her "feed herself" while I unloaded the groceries.  

There is no way I could carry them all and a baby, so this is where I get the most use out of our stroller.  There is so much stuff that you can't see in this picture - but trust me, there's a lot in there.

Photobucket

Kyle has to turn in his master's thesis on Monday.  He's been working super hard all weekend and it will be a huge thing for him to have it off his plate soon.  Well wishes are appreciated.  For obvious reasons, he's decided to spend a few days buried in the library instead of at home.  I support that 110%...but it is hard not having him around as much to help out with things.  I have a new respect for single moms - it's a lot of work!  

This is what Abby thinks of her daddy leaving to go work.
Photobucket

Oh! We also got our first laugh the other day!  We've discovered that Abigail loves to "fly"  So I'll lay on the ground and fly her above me and then lower her down for kisses and push her back up again.  She just smiles and grins so big.  Then to my surprise, she laughed.  :)  It was great.  She hasn't done it again since, but she still loves to be flown around like that.  It's super cute, I'll have to try to get a video.

Photobucket

We have one more interview for a nanny tomorrow, although I'm pretty sure Kyle and I have it narrowed down to 2 people already.  I'll update everyone on that soon, but we'll have somebody for when I return and that's a good thing.

Have a great weekend (well, what's left of it)

3 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

I too see the doll resemblance. I can't believe you can get that much in your stroller, ingenius!

Anonymous said...

You,Jennifer and Michael loved to fly.

Granny in love

jennybee said...

Great updates.

I have the prettiest niece in the world. She's super smart and cunning, too. I can tell.

background

counter