Friday, August 7, 2009

friday

Fridays are most certainly my favorite day of the week.  

Even when I'm working - there is nothing quite like the freedom you feel as you leave to go home.  You have the whole weekend in front of you and a week of work and deadlines and accomplishments behind you.  Love Fridays. 

Fridays are extra great for us because Kyle doesn't have to work (usually)  So, during the summer, it really is like an extra Saturday.  I always wake up wanting to do something "special"  like make a big breakfast or plan an outing somewhere exciting.  Sometimes we don't do anything but laundry - but, that's fine too because we're all home together...and that's nice.  

We don't have any big plans for today - not yet anyway.  So far, the day has started just like all the others.  I get Abigail up and out of bed, give her a bottle and let her inch-worm her way around the living room exploring things for about an hour.  She likes to crawl under the jumper and into other small spaces and nooks.  I like to think that this is because of me.  I loved hiding when I was little - and the smaller the space, the better.  

Abby explores all morning and pretty much entertains herself.  But, if I call her name or if she catches my eye she always stops, looks at me, and gives me this crazy big grin.  The kind that makes her scrunch up her eyes and her nose.  If I smile back (which I always do) she'll start "crawling" full throttle towards me.  Its great.  I know it'll be too soon that she doesn't want to crawl towards me anymore.  I gotta remember to love it now.  

Anyway.  During one of her big grin episodes, I noticed something.  We have a tooth coming in!  It is not all the way in yet.  You can't see it looking at her face to face, but if you look down on the top of her gum, you can see the ridge.  And you can certainly feel it.  Sharp.  I believe, she'll have another one right by it coming up soon.  Two bottom teeth.  Now, as of yet, she hasn't let us know that they're bothering her.  Either she's just super laid back, they really don't bother her, or we are just not very observant parents.  Part of me is sure, however, that she's saving the tantrums and sleeplessness and crying for our impending plane ride.

Our impending plane ride.  We leave in less than a week!  Just saying that makes my heart flutter a bit.  In 6 days, we will be taking Abby to the other side of the World.  Now, 90% of me is nothing but excited about the time we'll be spending in Melbourne and Sydney.  But, there is a very strong 10% that is extremely anxious about this plane ride.  By the time we return, Abby will have been on 8 different flights.  The longest is of course from LA to Sydney - 15 hours with an 8 month old teething, crawling, interested in the world baby.  I'm secretly hoping that I'll be so preoccupied with Abby that I'll forget that we're actually 40,000 feet in the air for basically a full day.  

This should probably be a post of its own, huh?  

I can't think about it just yet.  There's too much to plan before I let myself freak out about air time.  :)  

Ok.  Maybe I'll have something more interesting to write about later.  Maybe not.  Either way, its time for our breakfast and I just saw two little baby legs disappear down the hall towards the bedroom.  Maybe she's going to go wake up daddy.  Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea.  

2 comments:

hannah said...

don't worry about the plane ride? i mean, i really think she will be super cool. she's just like that. pratt would have been completely satisfied to have stayed on that thing all day. seriously.

and in the end, what's the worst thing that could happen with her screaming her head off...if that's what she chooses to do? nothing. you'll laugh about it 50 (yes, 50) years from now when she is getting married. you'll be telling the story at her rehearsal dinner.

Anonymous said...

It time for toothy grins to start.

Granny

background

counter