Monday, August 3, 2009

restless

It's Monday.

It's a lazy Monday.  We don't have any plans for the day.  I have a bit of a sore throat and a headache, so I'm laying low.

Yesterday we went to look at the house we wanted.  We called our agent to make an offer and found out that the house was sold that morning. It had been on the market over a year and it sold the morning we wanted to offer on it.  (big sigh)  

Its just a bit of a frustrating process.  We knew it would be.  And I know we might still find something else even better.  But - still, there was a lot that property had going for it that I don't think we'll be able to find again.  So, we're back on the hunt.  Right now, we're waiting for new properties to be put on the market as we've pretty much exhausted the list of what's available now.  We'll see, and we'll try to be patient.  Happy housing thoughts are appreciated. 

I think its all the house hunting that has me feeling restless lately.  I'm ready for a change - but since that change is on an undetermined timeline, I just find myself thinking about houses and homes a lot.  That usually turns into me missing Arkansas.  Y'know, thinking about my ideals.  I do miss having family and friends around.  I daydream about just running down the street to a neighbor's house to chat.  Or having friends come over for dinner or for games.  I think about having family over for holidays and just living the nice little family life.  But, then I wake up and remember that it will be a while before any of that is possible.  For now, I live here in an amazing city full of life and culture and things to do - yet, somewhat isolated in the midst of millions. 

Anyway, I don't mean to sound like debby downer.  It's just the sore throat talking & headache. I'll try to write again later when I'm feeling more chipper.  :)  Right now, Abby is holding a book and looking at me expectantly.  Duty calls. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand. I call you after my group tonight. I love you.

Granny

jennybee said...

We miss you too. But living so far apart, I tell myself, is like that last song in Avenue Q--only For Now.

background

counter