Tuesday, January 26, 2010

and all that jazz

1. Abby loves her socks. She loves to carry them around with her all day - mostly in her mouth. Sometimes, she'll sit down and put the socks on top of her feet and look quite proud of herself. But, most of the time, they are in her hand or in her mouth. She still likes it when I put them on her - but she likes taking them off more...like a game.

2. I forgot to update about my cooking endeavors. So far, so good. I was able to make all of my new recipes and they all turned out edible. I was proud of cooking lamb chops for the first time and I thought the chicken piccata came out pretty well too. I've continued cooking every night, but haven't branched out as much since that first week. I did learn that those recipes, while they weren't particularly difficult, used many more dishes than I typically use. And I got tired of all the clean up for a meal that was "good" but not "spectacular" Well, lets be honest, even if they were spectacular, I still would have been tired of the clean up.
Anyway, cooking is going well. Kyle and I allow ourselves one meal out every week. Usually, that's Sunday lunch.

3. It rained yesterday and it was nearly 50 degrees. It was wonderful. The rain and standing water melted most of the ice from our driveway. It's so refreshing to see the ground again - even though I'm no longer naive enough to think that winter is done...can't wait for May.

4. Often after her nap, Abby doesn't want to get out of her crib. Yesterday, she took a 3 hour nap and then played by herself in her crib for 45 mins before I went in to get her. Then, she refused to get out. So, I let her play for another 20 mins in her crib before I was ready to get on with the afternoon. This is mostly due to gloworm - she loves gloworm. And no, we don't have a good name for him...sometimes we go with Glowie. Yeah, I know.

5. Speaking of names. Kyle's sister got Abby this fantastic neon green Hippo for Christmas. He (she?) wouldn't fit in our suitcases, so my parents mailed it up with a few other toys and things yesterday. We need a name for this Hippo. I have a few in mind, but I'd like to see what y'all suggest. Oh, but I'm nixing Henrietta. And it doesn't have to start with an H - but should be either cute, funny, or something Abby might actually be able to say.


6. This age, Abby's age, is so much fun. It just is. She makes me laugh a lot. I don't know if she means to or not, but she does. I love seeing how well she understands us now. Last night, I said "where's Tilly?" and she went and got her doll. She kissed her when I said to kiss her, and fed her when I asked "Is Tilly hungry?" Later on, I asked Abby, "do you want a bath?" and she looked at me for about 5 seconds before speed-crawling to the baby gate and trying to throw herself over to go upstairs. She's really good at her shape puzzle now and can do all the pieces. She tries to say "circle" which sounds more like "Sirgul" for every shape though. She's also taken to bringing me a book and crawling in my lap for me to read it. When we're done, she gets down and goes and finds another one. We'll do this for every book in the room before she finds something else to entertain her.

7. Kyle has taught her "give me noggin" Y'know, like in Finding Nemo? The sea turtles? So now Kyle and Abby will bonk foreheads and say "duuuude" It's pretty funny. She also does it to her doll...which is funnier.

8. I've been missing Taekwondo a lot lately. Kyle misses it even more, and I'm really trying to figure out a way for at least him to go train. I think that our only option is for him to go on Saturday mornings. This has always sounded good, but has prooven to be difficult to pull off. Mostly because Kyle doesn't sleep very much during the week, and so I like to let him sleep in during the weekends...but maybe if he can get to bed early on friday night, we would have a good shot at leaving the house in the morning. Taekwondo, it gets in your blood or something, and you just can't leave it forever. And its been far too long since I put my belt on.

9. In related news, I think Kyle and I will have new gym memberships to the BC gym in the next day or two, so be looking for me to be complaining a lot about my sore and broken muscles. :)

all righty, that's probably good enough for now. Thanks for filling up the rest of my lunch break. Gotta get back to work. Have a good Tuesday....is it only Tuesday? Sheesh.

No comments:

background

counter