Tuesday, January 19, 2010

first fever

Poor baby Abby had her first fever today. At least her first notable one. We've been so blessed and made it her whole first year (and beyond) without ever getting sick. And even today, she only had a fever - no coughing or congestion or any other visible sign of illness - so I'm thankful for that.

But, my goodness, if you couldn't just see that she didn't feel well. When I got home, Beckah told me that she thought Abs was not feeling great. While we chatted, Abby just sat on my lap, very still. After Beckah & Reese left, Abby spent the rest of the afternoon with her head on my chest/stomach/leg - just lethargic as lethargic can be. I eventually just turned off the lights and wrapped us both in a blanket and let her nap on my chest for a long time....which was kind of sweet in that "I still wish she weren't sick" kinda way.

When she woke up, I took her temp and it was 103.8 - I would have wanted to sleep all day too. So I gave her some Tylenol and we went and picked up Kyle from work and went to go vote. When we got back home, you could tell she felt a thousand times better. She started playing by herself and actually was smiling and such. Her fever was down to about 100 before bed and she was more herself.

I suspect she'll be fine tomorrow - but I wanted to document this moment along with all the happy ones.

Here are a few pictures of her while she was snoozing on the couch. You can just see the fever can't you?







Feel better baby girl!

6 comments:

jennybee said...

Oh, poor Abigail. Yes, you can see the fever. Doesn't look like fun. Hugs to you guys.

Brandy@YDK said...

poor sick baby. Grayson's last fever ended up being an ear infection. I hope you are luckier than us.

*Jen* said...

Awww!

hannah said...

those pictures of her make me want to cry. seriously. so sad. i hope she's better today.

Heather said...

Awww. Those pictures are sooo sad!! :(

Feel betters soon Abby!!

The Blanton's said...

aww poor thing! I swear she and Mason still resemble each other a lot in pictures!

background

counter