Monday, January 11, 2010

look ma, no hands!

I don't have long to write at the moment - but I wanted to document that Abby officially took her first steps this weekend. It will be a while before she's regularly walking - but on Saturday, she took four whole steps towards her daddy. I was pretty happy that we were both there to see her do it - since the time that we're both at home with her and in the same room isn't all that often.

So, while she's not yet a "walker" She's (you know its coming...) taking the first step in that direction. ha.

Most of the time, Abs just practices standing on her own. If you tell her to "stand by yourself" or "stand with no hands" she will. Her receptive vocabulary has really picked up lately...but that's a blog for another time.

Here's a short video of Abby training with dad. Please excuse the mess - I promise my living room floor starts clean every single morning, but trying to keep things put away while Abs is playing is a futile effort. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She makes a Granny proud.


Love,

Granny

The Blanton's said...

OMG my FAV. part is the high five at the end!! LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in Oz shedding a tear watching that little video of Abby. It is so, so precious and that high-five with Dad at the end sooooooo cute.
love
AK

background

counter