Sunday, January 24, 2010

spoons

Abby is into spoons now - she's entered the spoon phase. We started letting her have a spoon during dinner about a month ago just for her to play with. Even if we weren't eating anything that needed a spoon. Y'know, she can get used to the idea of holding them and all. In the past few weeks, she's really started trying to use it. Many times now, if I'm trying to feed her something on a spoon, she'll only let me feed her a few bites, and then she'll shake her head "no" It's not that she's full - she just wants to try to do it herself.

Most of the time, she'll let me keep a hand on the spoon and help her guide it - but other times, she wants to do it all alone. Those usually end up being the messy times. But, she is getting better at it. She can usually do stuff like cottage cheese pretty well. Stuff that's thick enough not to slide off.

So, today, Abby started playing with her doll Tilly a lot. Tilly was a gift from Kelsay & Ernie in Australia and is still her premiere doll. Lately, she's really started showing more interest in treating her like a baby and less like a discus. She spent the morning putting things on her head, and putting her to bed (this meant putting her on a big green lid from one of her buckets and then piling toys on her chest - but we're gonna call it "putting her to bed") This afternoon, she started feeding Tilly. I thought it was cute.

She took out her puzzle piece and used the empty space as her bowl. Here she is getting the food.

Now feed it to Tilly

....and don't forget to save some for yourself. :)
(I mean, I have no idea where she got that - I would Never steal bites of her food...nope, not me)

After a while, Abby made up a new game. She has these stacking bowls that she got for Christmas that she loves - they're different sizes and colors and have a hole in the top. So Abby took several of them, and started poking her spoon into the very center of the bowl - into the empty spot. You'll see what I mean. She did this for like 7 minutes - which is a really long time. By the time I got Kyle's phone out to take a video, she was down to these two cups.



Anybody watch Grey's Anatomy? Remember when they had to drop the pen through the cup and onto the dollar? Yeah? Kinda like that, huh? Obviously, Abs is well on her way to being a great TV surgeon.

Happy Sunday! Time for Football.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew we were placing Tilly in good hands when we gave her to Abby. What a hoot to see Abby feeding the doll with such care.
Love you all.
Kelsay

*Jen* said...

Congrats on the future surgeon!
Paige has started trying to brush her doll's hair, but no feeding yet. :)

(We have those same spoons, btw.)

Heather said...

Awww she is the cutest!

I'm so jealous that she lets you take pictures and video that often! As soon as Max sees the camera he quits whatever I was trying to catch and tries to grab the camera.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. I want to show off this to some people.

Granny

Brandy@YDK said...

that's so adorable. she's not a baby anymore.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that Abs relates to Tilly so well - I think it's the head shape and the absence of Big Hair. I need to send you my favorite picture of Patrick during his spoon phase...:-)

background

counter