Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thanks Ricky!

If you've read my blog or have known me in real life for any amount of time, I'm sure you've heard me talk about my friends Billie Jo and her husband Ricky. Billie Jo and Ricky were simply made for each other - and as a couple, I'm pretty sure they were made so that Kyle and I could know them. They are both amazing people and I can't imagine my life without them in it. They're also Abby's godparents and have spoiled her and loved her since before she was born. I'm so grateful that she'll have them in her life too.

Billie Jo and I have so much in common - and the places that we differ are often the things that Ricky and I have in common. It's actually pretty uncanny. Kyle and I just feel very blessed to have such good friends.

Anyway, Ricky has recently taken up photography and has shown that he has a lot of talent. Since these two live in Oregon, we don't see them often. However, over Christmas, we were lucky enough to spend a half day with them and Ricky was kind enough to spend some time taking pictures of us. And not only that, Ricky actually found time to share some of them while he's away in Florida at umpire school - which consists of a very busy schedule everyday - so for him to take the time to share these just shows you how nice of a guy he is.

Most of you will know how difficult it is to get good pictures of your family. And for us, it's rare for me and Kyle to be in the same picture since I'm usually the one with the camera. So, we are very thankful for Ricky's generosity and talent. I've posted a link to his flickr account so you can see the sum of his work if you'd like. And *shameless plug* if you happen to live in the Portland area and are looking for someone with a good eye and a camera - give Ricky a shout, you won't regret it.


Here are a few of my favorites. :) Thanks again Ricky - we miss you guys terribly.






1 comment:

Bobbi Sharp said...

I think the last one is my fav!

background

counter