Monday, February 22, 2010

vacation

And just like that, February vacation is over. But, I must say, it was an excellent vacation. It was mostly excellent because I didn't plan to do anything. I was able to actually relax, and to do things on my own schedule. I got to spend lots of time with Abby, which was fantastic, because she is so so so much fun right now. The best part about being a parent may be how often you get to act like a kid. I spent many mornings in my pjs watching sesame street and sharing my oatmeal. good stuff.

Another reason that this week was so nice was that I got to spend some time focusing on me. I needed it. And I don't mean I went to the spa or anything, on the contrary, I went to the gym. I've worked out more this last week than I have in a long long time. And it feels great. It was a good time to jump start those habits, and I've really enjoyed the slight but constant ache in my muscles, because I know they're working.

I've been eating really well, and enjoyed how healthy this last week was (well, except for yesterday when we had KFC for lunch, but I went to TWO cardio classes to make up for it) I bought myself a new belt, it cost a whole $6.99, but it improved my quality of life a lot. My old one fit, but was literaly being held together by threads. What else? Oh, I didn't set an alarm all week. I still got up at 6:30, but I didn't set an alarm, and there's a big mental difference. Oh, I also made myself a dentist appointment. I wish I could tell you the last time I went to the dentist, but, well, I dunno. All I remember is that my dad drove me, so that should tell you something.

I know my teeth need help. I jokingly told Kyle that I should just tell the dentist, "Hi, my name is Laura, you can call me $chaching$" But, it's all good, I need this. And its just one more example of how I got some things done for me this last week.

Of course, not all of the week was about me. I was happy to spend most of my time with Abby. Here are a few random updates from her.

Abby has become quite the little helper. She spends a lot of time picking up her toys and putting them back in the toybox. She really likes to put things in boxes. Also, after we finish a meal, she now helps me wipe her tray clean. She's pretty good at it, and she thinks its fun.


During the week, I had to go to city hall to pick up a paper, which meant breaking out the big stroller. We haven't used this in several months now, but Abby had a great time. And, it was kinda fun to go into the city with her. She's a really good baby. She always gets attention on the train from other people and she loves that.

all ready to go

such a little person, here's Abby on the train, just chilling with her iphone animals.

I tried letting Abby have a whole apple this week. She did pretty well with it, actually. I was glad she didn't bite off more than she could, literaly, chew. She had a little trouble getting started, but I thought it was worth documenting. I can't wait till summer is here so we can get summer fruit all the time.

Another random tidbit. Abby loves our wii-fit board. She thinks its her own personal little platform and we'll often find her just sitting on it talking to her doll. The other day, she was standing on it and discovered the TV controls on the side of our TV. She was also pretty mesmerized by the lights. Anyway, random, yes, but this picture kind of makes me happy. She looks like such a baby, yet, so big.

Finally, yesterday was sunny, and the temps were almost in the 40s, so Kyle and I were all "whoo hoo! it's warm! let's go to the park!" You see, we're at the point where we're craving sunshine. We took Abby and we were like the only people there. Abby's fingers were about frozen and her nose was bright red, but she would not let us remove her from that swing.

check out those big girl shoes!

Abby walking uphill - this took a few tries.

still figuring out her landlegs

This picture isn't the best ever, but we wanted to also document Abby's first time down a slide solo. Sure, she fell backwards and hit her head as she slid down, but she had so much fun that she wanted to do it 5 more times. ;)

So, anyway. That was a bunch of random stuff that made up our weekend and my vacation week. I'm back at work now and trying to keep on top of things. I'm very thankful that I had such a nice break. Y'know, being the mom of an infant is wonderful, but being the mom of a toddler is FUN. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to our summer vacation now. It's going to be great. T minus 4 months.

Happy monday everyone.

4 comments:

*Jen* said...

Lovely post! Lovely, lovely vacation, and good for you on the "me" stuff.

I adore that photo on the Wii Fit board.
This is the most fun age yet, I think :)

Billie Jo said...

Makes me miss you guys so much more. Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Here is a factoid: the terrible two's are actually terrfic! I'm so glad you are experiencing the kind of joy, I had when you all were little.

Granny

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Your daughter is beautiful and I applaud your dentist appointment. This is something I cannot bring myself to do.

background

counter