Monday, February 8, 2010

weekend update

I have many pictures from this weekend, but they are still on my camera, and will have to wait until I get home today to be uploaded. But - they're coming. :)

Our weekend was, overall, good. I had professional development training on both Friday and Saturday, so it felt like a short weekend for me. I actually don't mind the trainings and they are almost always done well, but going to work until 4:30 on Saturday is a little bleh, y'know?

However, I was pleasantly surprised to come home on Saturday afternoon to find that Kyle had practically cleaned the entire house. He did that while he also took care of Abby - so I need to give him some major props, because getting that much done with a toddler on your hip is not easy. And he literally vacuumed the house with Abby on his hip (she's so scared of the vacuum, but is ok if you hold her). So yay for thoughtful and hardworking husbands!

Unfortunately, that evening, Abby started getting sick again. My mom-meter knew she had a fever so Kyle and I took bets on what it was. Kyle's dad-meter is much more accurate than mine, and he guessed her temp (100.1) exactly right. So we gave her some medicine and put her to bed. She was out of sorts and cried quite a bit at bedtime, she obviously didn't feel well and probably didn't want to be left in her crib. Poor thing. Her fever was gone on Sunday, but you could tell she still didn't feel well. She was super sensitive all day and cried (sobbed) at the drop of a hat.

Part of me thinks she's just sick - but she also happens to have tooth #13, her first canine coming in and I know its bothering her as well. She is uncharacteristically chewing on her hands and refusing to eat much of anything other than blueberries and milk. But, ohmygoodness, she will go to town on some milk. I'm having to really ration it. She chugs entire cups at a time like she's dying of thirst. If I let her, I have no doubt she would finish 3 or 4 cups at a meal with no problem.

Anyway. While Abby was being under the weather, Kyle and I were getting other things ready. We had a few friends over last night to watch the superbowl. We had about 7 people over and 2 of them brought their little ones who are about Abby's age, so it was kinda sad that Abby wasn't up to playing with them much. We ended up putting her to bed early. But, the rest of the party was fun. We had tons of yummy game food and it was really nice to visit with friends and just have people over. Kyle and I have always kinda rooted for the Colts, although my NFL loyalties aren't very strong. So, we felt like the game was a win-win in that the Saint's story was a good one too. I'm glad they won, although I still like the Colts quite a bit.

After the game and everyone left, we spent some time cleaning up and then I crashed for the night. I think Kyle didn't feel very well last night and is also a littly puny today. Several of my coworkers are out sick this morning too, so I'm hoping I can steer clear of any of that ickyness.

So, that was our weekend in a nutshell. I'll upload some pictures later today hopefully, until then, here are a few off my phone. Happy Monday to everyone.

this is what happens whenever Abby sees her bath towel. She drags it to the bathroom and waits expectantly. After this picture, she started trying to take off her shoes and shirt. Since it wasn't bathtime, I let her brush her teeth as a compromise - an activity that is also held in pretty high regard by the abster.

1 year old going on 5.

Abby pulled out a diaper and put Tilly in it. Genius. :)
(oh, and she's giving her a kiss, not cpr)

some daddy bedtime stories. good stuff.

No comments:

background

counter