Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Abbyisms, again.

All weekend I kept thinking "I need to write this down for the blog" Abby was giving us funny moments and one-liners all weekend long. I really wish I had started a list, because at this point, after 4 days of her silliness, I'm sure to forget something.

Let's see what I can remember.

1) When I tell Abby we're going to the store, she says, "beep beep? popcorn?" What she's asking is - are we going to the grocery store where I get to ride in the cart that looks like a taxi and has a honking horn? Or are we going to Target where you buy me popcorn? The good news is, she's happy with either answer.

2) While in Target, she was sitting in the cart, happily swinging her legs and singing/chirping "shop shop shop! shop shop shop!"

3) After target, we drove to another store. When I opened the backseat door I saw that she had dumped all of her popcorn ALL OVER the back seat of the car. As soon as I opened the door Abby, in a very disapproving voice said, "Oh NO! Popcorn - uh-oh! No no no no no!" She said it as if she were admonishing the guilty party. As if to say, "Mom, I don't know WHO did this - but they are in BIG trouble!"

4) I took her to lunch and she kept stacking, and counting, the salt and pepper shakers.

5) During lunch, Abby could see a busy intersection out the window. She watched as the cars went by and said - in a kind of bored voice "car. car. car. more car. more car. (SIGH) more car. more car. OH! TRUCK!!! (sigh) more car..."

6) When we were done with lunch and I said, "ok, let's go" She immediately turned toward the restaurant kitchen and waved and said "bye bye food!" She then proceeded to add, "bye bye chairs! Bye bye tables! Bye bye yummy food!"

7) The other day she took an extra long nap. When she woke up, the first thing she said, after a big sigh and obvious stretch was "Eye-yie-YIE!" Maybe you had to be here - it was pretty funny.

8) Yesterday she hit her head and came to me to comfort her. I picked her up and she saw some cookies on the kitchen island. She stopped crying and said "COOKIE!?" So, I broke off a small piece of one and offered it to her. She frowned and said, "No mama." She pointed to the bigger piece and said "dis cookie." Smart girl, no?

9) After her nap one day, she and I had a tea party. She told me to sit, she handed me my cup, she poured pretend tea into my cup, and hers. She sat down next to me and we both pretended to sip our tea with very exaggerated "Mmmmm!" sounds. Later, I poured water into her teapot and helped her drink water from her tea set. I don't know that I've ever seen her happier. She was so very careful about putting her teacups down on their saucers on her little table and so very proud of herself for drinking out of a "real" cup.

10) While walking across a parking lot, two little city birds were hopping in front of us. We followed them for a little ways and the whole time Abs was saying "Oh, birts (that's how she says birds). Birts jump! Birts jump! Birts flyyy. Hi birts. Fly birts..."

11) I wasn't here for this one, but Kyle said when Karen came over in the morning Abby greeted her at the door by saying "Hi Charen!" She then followed up with a very clear "Oh, you have coffee!" Karen and Kyle were both floored.

12) Since she's started to speak, Abby has always called milk "Doh" No matter how many times we've tried to teach her otherwise. "Abby, say MILK" Abby: "doh." Out of the clear blue sky on Saturday night, she said "Muk peas!" Kyle and I both stopped and said "What did you just say?" Abby repeated "Muk peas." Since then, she hasn't said "doh" once. It's been either Muk or Mik. I won't lie - part of me is a little sad. At least she still calls diapers "dit-dies"

Abby is doing a million billion things everyday that are new, and often entertaining. She makes us laugh all. the. time. She sings more, she recognizes more, she makes awesome connections between things that baffle me. She's a dancing fool, she's outgoing and social and sweet and chill all at once. She's amazing. I'm her mom, I say so. ;)

4 comments:

*Jen* said...

I love this post! :)

Anonymous said...

Granny and Granpa know so too. I enjoy Abbyisms so much. She is so bright and orginal!

Granny

jennybee said...

Grinning ear to ear.

Billie Jo said...

Love you and her and kyle. Can't wait to see you again!

background

counter