Saturday, September 18, 2010

apple picking 2010

What a fun Saturday we've had. :)

We decided that we would go apple picking this weekend. We went for the first time last year and just LOVED it. So, we were all pretty excited about going again today. Our friend, and Abby's nanny Karen came along with us again this year as well.

The day was nice. It was overcast, but not too warm and not too cold. The overcastness made for better picture lighting, but no pretty blue skies. But, that's fine. We drove the 45 minutes to the farm and headed straight for the apples. We had a good time just wandering around, eating apples straight off the tree as we pleased and, of course, taking pictures.

Abby loved it. It took her no time at all to get the hang of picking the apples and putting them in the bag....or, more often, picking the apples, taking a bite, and then trying to put it in the bag.

After we'd picked our 20lbs full (and eaten nearly as many on the way) we headed up to the other areas of the farm that house a petting zoo, playground, and kitchen where they serve up yummy seasonal treats. Abby was curious about the goats, but not really up to petting them. She was way too distracted by the possibility of swinging in the playground next door. So, after some playtime and some apple donuts, we headed home.

We were all pretty worn out and spent the rest of the day just hanging out at home and playing with Abs (oh, and watching a little football of course). Really, it was a nice day. We may go back before the seasons over...we'll see. It's so much fun.


I took around 670 pictures, I pared them down to the best 150. I posted about 50 on facebook and have chosen 19 of my favorites for you here. I know it's different when it's not your child, but goodness, I just loved so many of these that it was hard to pick! Enjoy. :)

first bite of the day


















5 comments:

Lauren McKnight said...

Looks like a blast. Loved the pictures!

Colleen said...

We went apple picking this week too, but oddly, I took exactly FIVE pictures. What the heck was wrong with me?

Love your photos!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you post pictures and blog, Thank you!

Granny

Kristen said...

There is so much awesome I would have to write a blog just to comment on it all.

I have to say the red pops in the one with the 3 of you make the photo stunning. I'm seeing a frame with apple red matting = perfect.

Brandy@YDK said...

your pictures are fabulous! I wish I had 10% of the talent that you have

background

counter