Wednesday, September 15, 2010

wednesday.

Just wanted to give a quick hello while I had a moment here. I don't have anything much exciting to share, but I figure I need to keep in the habit of writing even when our days are a bit mundane.

I guess the only thing we've been dealing with this week is Abby's continued separation anxiety. We tried a few different things. It's hard to tell if they're working or not because I think, for the most part, this is just a phase that will work it's way out. We tried putting a night-light in her room to see if that cut down on her night screaming. She made it until 5am that day, but then woke up screaming and crying. That was the first day I went in (because I knew she was awake and not just crying in her sleep). She leapt into my arms and calmed down. Eventually, she told me she wanted the light off. So, we haven't tried it again.

Last night, Kyle put her down by himself and I didn't even go upstairs with them. She went down much easier - no crying, no clinging, no screaming....although she still didn't want to be tucked in. She still woke up, at 2am and again around 5am.

The screams don't last long. Usually somewhere from 1-5 mins. And they stop very abruptly. She still wakes up happy as a clam in the mornings. I've been trying to make a point to see her before I leave for work - I'm hoping that will lessen some of her anxiety about me not being around all day....if she gets to tell me bye-bye in the mornings instead of me just being gone.

So, we'll see. Like I said, I think it's just something that will work it's way through over time. And 99.9% of the day - she's still happy and cheerful.

What else?

This morning Abby, as she often does, pointed out the numbers on the digital clock in her room. She said, "Oh, a 6! Oh, a 3! Oh, a 5!" I told her she was very smart and she beamed, patted her chest and said "IIIII'm Smark!" Sigh. I just love her.

Work has been good. It's still a little slow right now as I wait for cases to come in and for kids to get settled in their routines. I have an intern 2.5 days a week this year and she's lovely and I believe she will enjoy working at Brighton. I'm pleased with how she's worked out so far. I feel a little bad that it's been pretty slow the last few days, but I've warned her that we should enjoy the quiet while we can, because we may not see it again till next July.

I guess that's all for now. I'll leave you with a few pics of Abs playing on the deck the other day.




2 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

she's the cutest ever. and SO smart.

Anonymous said...

Definately a smark family!

Granny

background

counter