Friday, September 10, 2010

first week back

Happy Friday peeps!

It's been a good week over here - busy and a little hectic, but not bad. On Tuesday, I officially started back to work for the new school year. Wednesday was my first day back in the school and I've been spending most of this week getting organized and getting ready to start seeing kids next week.

It's been a bit of an adjustment of course. Getting up earlier means I have to go to bed earlier again. It's weird not always seeing Abby in the morning - and usually not until around 3:30 in the afternoon. I'm going from spending 12 hours a day with her (minus nap) to spending about 4 hours a day with her. Of course, I'm thankful for those 4 hours as I know a lot of working moms don't have the luxury of getting off work as early as I do. Kyle, for example, only gets to see her for about 2 hours after he gets off work - as well as maybe an hour in the mornings. Karen is watching Abs again during the day for us, and they seem to be having a great time together.

I'm starting my 4th year at the high school. I feel more a part of the school community than ever before. And, it's a nice feeling to be recognized and known and sought out for your services. Again, I'm lucky to be based in a single school this year, as so many of my friends and colleagues have 3 or 4 schools to juggle. But don't let appearances fool you - this single school keeps me just as busy as 3 or 4 others put together. :) Anyway, point is, I like my job and I've been very fortunate in how things have panned out thus far.

Kyle also started back to school this week. He's taking a relatively light semester with 2 courses - both on Wednesday nights. So, while Wednesday are a grueling day for him, it's nice that he can have a "normal" schedule the other days of the week. He's also training to run a 1/2 marathon in November -so, send him good running wishes!

We don't have any big weekend plans - probably just try to get some house stuff done, as I've found I'm not exactly in the mood to dust and vacuum and scrub things after getting home from work. Shocker.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really pleases me what a grateful person you are. I
am proud of you both at home and at work.

background

counter