Monday, October 18, 2010

Abby's great Uggventure!

I consider my life to be richer because I've been privileged to know two very special people - Auntie Kelsay and Uncle Ernie.  Kelsay & Ernie live in Australia - I know them through Kyle's family -they're the ones we went to visit just over a year ago.  I've said it before, but their warmth, hospitality, generosity and infectious personalities have left lasting marks on my heart.  

Well, today they sent Abby an early birthday present and we were just tickled pink to get such a fun surprise in the mail today.
what ever could it be?


A big Thank You to Ernie & Kelsay for Abby's very first pair of Uggs!  
....straight from down under even

Well, Abby saw her boots once she woke up from her nap.  She learned to call them "boots" and kept saying "So pretty!"  Sometimes Abby can be difficult about trying on new shoes, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  But, I was happy to find that once I put them on and stood her up, she was good to go. 

In fact, we decided that having your very own Australian boots should be celebrated with an adventure!  What better way to capture that wild aussie spirit? ;)

Getting ready to set out on our adventure...treasure box in hand.


aaaaaaaaaaaaand, we're off!  Off to find adventure!



(but we mustn't forget to stop and smell the flowers - even adventurers should take time to appreciate the finer things in life)


Action shot! Ugg power!


"Mama! Get all da rocks!"
Adventurers know how to collect important artifacts


...and tame wild beasts!


 It didn't take long before Abs refused to walk on the pavement anymore.  
Only off-roading for adventurers! 


We even explored strange and secret passages...


Oh, and we, uh...stopped to smell more flowers. :)



Dearest Auntie Kelsay & Uncle Ernie, 

Thank you so very much for my new boots!  My feet have never been warmer and they make me feel so big and brave!  Mom says that we will be getting a lot of use out of them, and that's cool with me because I think they are sooooo pretty. 

I love you both lots and lots
xoxo, 

your Abbykat 
(the adventurekat!)


6 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

LOVE IT!!! You're such an awesome story teller. :)

Heather said...

Love these!!

REA said...

I love your storytelling ability...and the fact that you illustrate it with pictures is an added plus! Thanks, Laura!
We Love You All!
Daddy/Grandpa

Anonymous said...

This was such a treat for me to see. I purr with approval.

*Jen* said...

Cute post!
And what a big-girl ponytail!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for our Aussie Kuzzies!! Abz looks ready for an Outback adventure for sure and seems to be enjoying her new birthday surprise!

We love you 3 +1 in Boston!

Ouma and Papa

background

counter