Wednesday, October 27, 2010

odds n' ends

Happy Wednesday folks.  It doesn't seem like Wednesday to me.  This whole week has been a little weird.  Kyle's schedule has been different this week, we've had appointments and meetings that we don't usually have, the weather has been in the 60s and 70s!  And, it's been raining lately which has made things crazy humid.  And, because October is so long this year, I keep thinking that it should be November already (except the weather feels more like May). All in all - this week just seems a little off.

So, let's see, what can we talk about?

*5 minutes have passed with me staring at the computer screen*

I got nothing really.  Work is fine.  Nothing too exciting going on, but things are picking up so my schedule is getting busy.  It'll remain busy till Thanksgiving (at least, ha).  But, busy is good.  It's not unmanageable yet.  The light at the end of that tunnel is that in 2 weeks our good good friends Billie Jo and her husband Ricky are coming to visit for a few days!  I took a personal day off work, so we have a long weekend to hang out and get in some good time together.  So, I'm very much looking forward to that.

Abby stuff.  She's such a fun kid.  Really.  She's been spending her days playing in leaves, jumping in puddles, finger painting and learning how to dunk cookies in milk with Karen.  We go to a weekly play group where she's made a few little friends her age and it's been so fun to see how she interacts with others.  I like watching her fun and caring personality emerge when playing with others.  She's still the border collie of our play group - she's constantly picking things up and putting them back on the shelf or in the bin or where ever they go.  If somebody does something wrong, she's the first to say "oh no!" and try to correct them.  Her new thing is when she puts books on the shelf, the spine must be facing the right way.  I promise you guys, I'm really not some clean house rule mongrel.  But, Abby, she just likes things to be where they're supposed to be.  *shrug*  I'm still not expecting that to last forever.

I need to get her walrus impression on camera.  Funny.

Ok, moving on.  Pregnancy stuff.  I feel fine.  I haven't gained any weight yet (although the doctor's scale is probably going to disagree with me - it seems to always work out that way)  I don't really feel like I'm showing yet, I just feel like I always looked a few months pregnant.  So - I guess I look a few months pregnant now - but I looked this way 6 months ago too.  Unlike with Abby, I'm trying to stave off "showing" as long as possible.  I can still wear my regular clothes, but....I can tell they're getting tighter. I'm really hoping to last till 5 months before I have to go full blown maternity wear.  But.  We'll see.  I'll be 4 months next week, and I'll try to take a belly shot I suppose.  maybe.

I still want mostly salty things.  I think crave is too strong a word.  Just "prefer" perhaps.  I can't eat a lot at a time.  So I try to snack more than eat a meal really.  I am still loving beets.  They're like really really good.  I'm happy that this time around, I seem to be eating healthier overall.  With Abs, anything green, homecooked, or healthy made me ill.  It was, shall we say, problematic.  With this pregnancy, things have been very mild.

Ok, that's probably enough odds n' ends for now.  I'll leave you with a silly little video of Abs.  We had a really early dinner together this afternoon.  Forgive her hair - with the rain and the humidity, it's just a curly hodpodge of locks that I didn't feel like wranglin'   Enjoy.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love random, catch up posts.

Anonymous said...

This is another welcome post. It makes me kinda hungry for beets, too. I enjoyed Abby's video.

Granny

background

counter