Sunday, October 3, 2010

narrative from the monitor

I just put Abby down - about 90 mins before her usual nap time.  Why?  Because we're taking her to the last Sox game of the season this afternoon.  The game starts the same time her nap usually does, so I thought I'd try to see if she'd go down early - and maybe get at least 20 or 30 mins of rest in.  Every bit helps, y'know.

But of course, she's not at all sleepy.

This is the narrative I hear from the monitor:

*singing* la la la la LA la.  Tweekle tweekle wittle star, how I wonda what you are.  Oh, hi gowie!  Oh, hi blanket!  *rustling noises*  Oh, gowie, where are you? Oh, there he is!  Boo!


Oh, hi cat! Weeeeeeeee!  Weeeeeeeeee!  *thud*  Oh no!  Oh no cat fell down!


Oh, hi sheep!  la la la la three bags full.  Yaaay *claping*


*thud*


Oh no!  Sheep!  Sheep, are you ok? you ok? you ok?  Oh no.  Sheep ok?  you ok sheep?  Sheep, are you ok?  Oh no sheep - boo boo.  Sheep boo-boo.  Boo-boo, oh no!


Here.  Abby kiss it.  *kissing sound*


All better! Yay!  Yay Sheep!


*jumping on mattress*  Weeeeeeee!  Weeeeeee!
*rattling crib rails*  Jump! Jump!
*silence*
*happy chirping toddler noises*
*yawn*
*fake snoring*
nigh-nigh gowie
*glowie starts playing music*
*more fake snoring*


*laughing*
Goo morning gowie!  




This all has been going on for about 20 mins now.  She keeps repeating similar scenes.  She jumps around, she discovers one of her stuffed animals injured and fixes them.  She plays glowie, fake snores, and sings.  She laughs and jabbers away.  Right now - she's clapping and cheering about something I can't quite make out.....oh, and making noises with her lips.

Just thought I'd share this clip from our afternoon.  I'm sure I'll have some pictures from the game to share later.  For now, I suppose I'll go get the rest of her stuff ready before I have to go "wake her up"
(rolling my eyes)

1 comment:

Lauren McKnight said...

What a great imagination she has...and SO lucky to be going to the Sox game tonight. Hope you guys have lots of fun!

background

counter