Thursday, October 21, 2010

You Capture - Orange

This week's You Capture assignment was "orange"  Unlike some weeks, the problem this week was not finding something that was orange, but trying to refrain from taking pictures of everything around.  There is orange everywhere right now.  Orange is fall.

We went to a fall festival last weekend a few blocks from our house and I snapped several pictures from that occasion.

I actually took a picture of this entire flower, but despite my best mediocre editing skills, the flower was just too bright - too saturated - too orange!  So, I cropped it and am showing the part of the flower that was in the shadows.  I added an antique effect to further subdue this orange.  Man, it was bright.


While at the fall festival, my little pumpkin helped decorate this little pumpkin.  
(ok, so I put on glue dots and she threw glitter at it - but it's still a masterpiece, no?)


On the way home, we saw someone blowing leaves.  
It was actually pretty hard to get a good picture with my little camera, 
but I thought I'd stick it in here anyway.



And finally, I just had some fun at home with a few pumpkins and negative space. 





Go over to Beth's site, I Should Be Folding Laundry to see what other orange people captured this week!

20 comments:

C.G. Koens said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the final three pumpkin shots!! So perfect - I would hang those in my house! But then, I'm a total sucker for pumpkins. :-)

Bunch of Barrons said...

These are all great...but I LOVE the shot with the stack of pumpkins. GREAT! :)

Tara said...

Wow, these are awesome. All of them but I really love the last pumpkin shots, so cute!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love everything you chose for orange. Love the glitter pumpkin the best.

Caitlin said...

Love the pumpkin shots!! And the flower is really cool. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I also love the stacked pumpkins.

Jen said...

I love you pumpkin masterpiece!

Liz said...

pumkin photoshoot, fun. great shots.

Alita said...

The stack of pumpkins is too fun!

Stillmary said...

My gosh! Your VERY talented! I love the pumpkins on white and your editing on the flower is gorgeous! I love the tips of light and the detail in the ruffles!

Alyssa said...

Great great photos. Love the glitter one, cute. My favorites are the pumpkins on white. Excellent!

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

I love your shots! Great job! I love your glittery pumpkin. And I can't imagine how bright that orange flower was originally... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh those last three pumpkin shots are great!!!!

Heather said...

Laura- I love your negative space pictures. They always look so fresh and cool. Great job.

One Photo said...

Not only do I love eating anything containing pumpkin right now but I love pumpkin photos too and yours are great. I like what you did with the flower, the petals look like skirt ruffles billowing. Your glitter pumpkin looks very professional - we shall have to try glue and glitter on our little pumpkins this weekend I think!

Bec said...

Now I really want a sparkly blue polka dotted pumpkin!!!!!!!! Adorable.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the last 3 shots. they could be in a magazine or something! love it!

shellycoulter said...

Great Job!

Anonymous said...

very nice pumpkin shots -- calendar worthy!

background

counter