Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Jennifer

      

Today is my sister's birthday.  

So, I thought I would write a quick note about the things I like about her.  

1.  I like that she is my sister and genetically closer to me than any other being on Earth. 
2.  I like that we talk on the phone nearly every day and that it doesn't really matter if we have anything interesting to say or not.
3.  I'm glad she took the time to sit down with me when I was in 1st grade and walk me through the soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera, explaining to me what each song was about and describing the plot.  In hindsight, I think this was a big moment in my character development. 
4. I'm glad she never ate my nose with a fork as she so often threatened....but I'm glad she chased me and pretended to anyway.
5. I'm glad she introduced me to music of all kinds and let me copy her tapes when she was in college.
6. I like that she has a freckle on the back of her neck that makes her squeal when you touch it. 
7. I appreciate that she understands my moods. 
8.  I like her humor and I like that she's so much smarter than me. 
9. I'm happy I had somebody to idolize and bother as a little girl, but somebody I knew would always be on my side.  
10.  I'm glad she was there on my wedding day.
11.  I like that she cooks so well.
12. I love that she's a movie freak and appreciates the finer points required in the months of planning themed foods for outstanding Oscar parties.  
13. I'm glad she didn't give up on me when I refused to wear socks or turtlenecks...or jeans with buttons. 
14.  I'm glad she forgave me for coloring on all her collectable horses with paint pens...and for breaking all of her collectable glass figurines.  
15. I like that I can make her laugh. 
16. I'm happy that she still makes up Christmas songs with us to sing to mom and dad on Christmas morning.
17.  I'm glad she influenced me to play french horn...the most beautiful instrument in the world...and that we both say "french horn!" when we hear a particularly beautiful piece in a movie or tv score.
18. I like that Jennifer appreciates the small things around her.  
19.  I'm excited she's coming to visit!
20.  And finally, I'm happy I have somebody to snuggle-bunny (or snuggle raptor)  with...somebody who gets it...and why it is what it is.  


So Happy Birthday Jennifer!  Love you!

1 comment:

jennybee said...

I have the world's best little sister. Thanks for making my birthday (and everyday) even happier. Love you!

background

counter