Saturday, June 28, 2008

rain

Hello from Arkansas.  

I will write much more about our trip to the south this week.  I have a lot to talk about and I think some of it will make for good reading.  However, right now, I just wanted to take a small moment to check in and share something that happened this morning that has not happened to me in about a year.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and rain.  And it didn't stop as soon as I noticed it.  AND, I got to sleep in to the sound of thunder and rain.  There is something so extremely soothing to me about this.  As I slipped back into a deep restful peace, I was happy to be back in the south.  

As I write, it' still raining and the occasional distant thunder makes me happy every time I hear it.  This is one of those things that never crossed my mind that I would miss, but I do.  So now I feel like I'm soaking it all in to store up until the next time I get to enjoy a summer thunder shower. 

1 comment:

jennybee said...

Lovely and simple post. You're a better writer than you think.

background

counter