Thursday, June 12, 2008

just a post

I haven't posted in a few days, so I figure I'd best write something up here.  :o)   On one hand, not a lot has been going on this week and on the other hand, lots has happened. 

I have 10 days left of school.  I have 1 kid I still need to see, and I'm done.  There really isn't much for me to do at work, so I usually sit, and sit, and walk around, and sit.  I spend time browsing the world via my phone and I help out with mindless paperwork for the sped office when they have something I can work on.   But, for the most part, I get here a little late, and leave a little early.  

However, there have been several exciting developments this week.  On Tuesday, I got a new laptop.  It's one of the little white macbooks, which I like.  The best part is that it was completely free.  It's part of the BPS initiative.  All teachers and itinerate workers got macs this year.  It is much faster than my old laptop...which is in need of some major care.  So, new computer, cool.  

On Wednesday, Jennifer and Ben flew in to town.  They'll be here for almost a week, gallivanting around the city and enjoying the abundance of museums, art, and hard to find independent films.  So, family coming to visit, very cool.

Last night I had to go to a retirement party for some psychs that I don't really know.  I was a little down, just because I would have rather spent the time with Jennifer and Ben.  But, I got to get dressed up and drive an hour to a little country club where I had a cherry coke from the bar and enjoyed a mediocre catered meal....actually, the food wasn't great.  Nevertheless, it was good to go and to be a part of the department, and the ladies who were retiring deserved a good turnout.  So, fancy retirement party, mildly cool.

Oh, and I feel like I finally look the tiniest big preggo.  I've officially grown out of most of my pants, so skirts and dresses are the clothing of choice this week.  So, little poppy is growing right along.  I promised Leah another belly shot soon, so stay posted.  

As for the rest of the week, I imagine we'll try to get out and see some sights with Jen and Ben and take it easy.  I'll be sure to post something a bit more interesting soon.  :o)

No comments:

background

counter