Saturday, June 21, 2008

taco bell.

I know I write a lot about my food experiences, and I'll try to keep that to a minimum, but this one really did deserve its own post.  

I have wanted taco bell really really bad since becoming pregnant.  I haven't had any since before I was married.  They don't have many up here, and none are convenient for us to visit. 

First of all: don't judge me.  I am under no delusions what so ever.  I understand that taco bell is not good food.  I understand that it is not healthy or nutritious.  I understand that the tacos are slapped together by a high school kid using a chalking gun to put meat and sour cream on a tortilla.  I understand that this is not real mexican.  Trust me, I get it.  

Nevertheless, I want it.  I've run across two taco bells in the last week or so.  One was on my way to a fancy retirement party an hour away from where we live.  The other was after eating at a nice restaurant and walking around a mall.  Both times, I couldn't stop...I was full, or late, but I whimpered.  So, I made a resolution, that I could hold out until we got back to Conway.  

Well, yesterday I was reading a report for my supervisor in a meeting way down south of where we live.  On the way back, I saw one.  It was a taco bell/long john silvers combined.  It was lunch time, I was starving, the stars were aligned and I pulled in.  

I was so happy.

I decided to go with a #1.  I got my food, sat down and took a picture to send to Kyle.  As I was typing an e'mail to send with the picture, I decided that I couldn't stand it anymore.  I stopped typing, ripped open a supreme soft taco and let a years worth of cravings melt away.  I finished my taco and burrito...and then I had to decide what to do...

I ordered another one.  No, not another taco, another value meal.  I ordered it to go.  But, here's the really sad part.  I ordered it to go, not because I had anywhere to be, but because I needed the intervention.  I knew that if I stayed to eat the second one, there was an 80-90% chance that I would order a third.  So, I took my tacos and left.  

I was so happy though.  You have no idea how much I wanted one of those...and have wanted one for a year!

End food story.  May you all enjoy something today as much as I enjoyed my taco.  


No comments:

background

counter