Tuesday, May 26, 2009

first food!

Kyle and I took Abby for yet another check up and weigh in today.  She weighed in at 12 lbs and 3 oz.  So, she's still on the charts and our doctor seemed fine with it.  She also gave us the green light on starting solids.  As Kyle and I were headed to the grocery store after the doctor's visit anyway - we couldn't help ourselves and bought Abby her first food - oatmeal.

We are intending to make Abby's food.  And we are intending to buy organically as often as possible.  I, however, have no interest in trying to make my own oatmeal - so thank you Gerber for doing that part for me.  

We got Abby a high chair yesterday.  She's so tiny that it just swallows her up, but Kyle was so excited about getting it.  He proudly put it together without looking at any instructions.  

So, we pulled out the bib and the baby spoon and mixed up some oatmeal for Abby to try.  She ate a lot of it - but more of it found its way to her chin.  She was delightfully messy.  I have a video of the milestone that I will try to upload later, for now, here are some pictures of Abigail's first experience with solid food. 

ready or not, here I come
Photobucket

mmmmmm.
Photobucket

this is great mom!
Photobucket

hey dad, have you tried this stuff?
Photobucket

aaaaaaaaahhh.
Photobucket

nom.
Photobucket

Abby loves oatmeal
Photobucket

all done and happy
Photobucket

time for a bath!
Photobucket

Good job tonight Abigail - you've only just begun and we can't wait to introduce you to a whole world of foody goodness.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Abby and her weight gain.....and to Dad for putting the highchair together! Today is a milestone and there will be no stopping Abz now. These pictures really made my day! Thanks to all of you precious ones.........Ouma

Anonymous said...

I just loved this.

Granny

background

counter