Saturday, May 9, 2009

girls day

Kyle left for Arkansas early Friday morning to attend his younger sisters Brittany and Briana's graduation from Hendrix.  His parents didn't know he was coming, and so he was able to give them a nice surprised when he walked into their classrooms at school.  :)

I'm glad Kyle got to go and be there with his family, and I only wish I could have gone too.  Nevertheless, as things are, Abby and I are stuck without dad for the whole weekend.  So, what's a girl to do?

Friday night I got a spur of the moment call from a friend who was looking for someone to take an extra red sox ticket off their hands.  The game started at 7pm - Abby's bedtime, so my first inclination was to not even consider it.  However, I decided to go for it...I wasn't really in the mood to sit around the apartment by myself.  So, I fed Abs her bedtime bottle and then got her dressed and we set out to the game with Abby in her Ergo.  

I was worried about how she would do.  We've never been to this kind of thing with her - especially after bedtime.  But, she did great.  She only had 1 good cry - and nobody could hear her anyway.  I gave her a bottle and she pretty much slept through most of the game.  We stayed long enough to see the sox take the lead from behind, eat a hotdog, do the wave, and sing sweet caroline with t
he rest of the crowd.  Then we all headed home.  Abby was in her crib by 10:30 and I think the night was a success. 

the people behind us were obviously much more interesting than the game.

now we're watchin'

Today, Abby let me sleep in until 7:30 and I didn't get her until 8.  It was nice. We had a relaxing day around the apartment for the first half of the day.  As a mother's day gift, I decided to get my hair cut today - and so Abby got to go to her first salon.  

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of us in the salon - but lemmetellyou, Abby got all sorts of attention from people.  I dressed Abs in black, white, and purple today - which turned out to be the same colors of the salon's decor...making Abby look a little bit like a mascot.  Anyway, she was super chill the whole time and I liked having her there to look at while I had my hair revitalized. 

Before

After

I'm happy with it.  

Let's see.  After the salon, Abby got a new toy for being on her best behavior and I treated myself to a yummy (and healthy) lunch at Panera.  After a few more errands at CVS & Walgreens - we headed home.  Abby was, at that point, so tired. 

Abby lovin' her new toy (she didn't let go the rest of the night)

I let her wind down with her baby einstein video and then put her to bed.  The poor girl fell asleep before she even finished her bottle and was out for the night by 6:30.  

And now it's just me.  Me and a sink full of bottles to wash, baby toys to put away, blankets to fold, and diapers to take out...and yet somehow, all that makes me kind of happy.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like Like Like Like

There is so much to like about this column.

How cool of you to go to a Red Sox game.
I loved the hairdo!
Wonderful pictures of Abby.
It seems she is gettting quite a lot of field trips.
I like Abby's new toy. Maybe she will let me play with it with her.
I really like you enjoying doing ordinary things. That a key.

Love,

Granny

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I like your haircut!

That Abs, she's so portable. Glad you guys are having a fun weekend so far.

Billie Jo said...

You are the most amazing and wonderful woman, mom, wife, and especially friend in the whole world. So wish you were here (but in a way kinda glad you aren't because I'd be sad that time was so tight)...This post makes me miss you sooo soo much. I looove the haircut.
*hugs*
Hope you have an AMAZING mothers day tomorrow.

Heather said...

What a cutie she is! Love the hair. And where did you get that ball, I think Max would have fun with one of those.

Casey said...

I love the new haircut.
Zach has that same ball and loves it too.

background

counter