Tuesday, May 19, 2009

weekend fun

We had a busy weekend. :)

On Friday night, Kyle and I kept things low key by staying home and watching Bolt. Cute movie if you haven't seen it. It made me laugh several times.  On Saturday, we met up with one of my friends and co-workers.  Our plan was to go spend the day at one of the harbor "beaches" and enjoy some time outside - but the weather was lukewarm at best so we opted for an indoor lunch and just a quick stroll around the park.  I didn't get any pictures of that event, but the beach/park we went to was nice and I can see how on a sunnier day it would be a lot of fun.  

After we left, my friend came over to our place to babysit for us.  A very generous offer right when Kyle and I were both freaking out about not having anybody lined up. We got to go out to dinner with our friends Jon & Stephanie for a dinner cruise.  We went on one of these last year and our experiences were mediocre - so they gave us 4 free tickets.  

We decided to go on the nicer later cruise - and I can say that our experience this time was much nicer (not that last time was awful, but this time was great).  The only exception was when the waiter accidently dropped a fork into Jon's soup bowl and lobster bisque covered him from head to waist.  Poor Jon.  :)

It was super foggy out, but it kept things from getting too cold.  We enjoyed a nice night out with our friends.  It was fun getting dressed up, and it was fun having a date with the husband. BIG thanks to my friend Jenn who babysat for us!  

Here's a picture of the boat ( I stole it from their website)

Here's a bad picture of us in the fog/humidity - sorry, it was the best I could get in the dark. 

And here's a nice shot of the city from the boat.  Here, the fog actually makes things look kinda cool I think. 

So on to Sunday.  After going to mass, we did a family grocery store run and then decided to splurge and eat lunch out.  We went to Eagle's deli for some yummy burgers and breakfast.  After lunch, we came home and I made several desserts to bring to a party we were attending later that evening.  We eventually made our way down to a friend's house (actually, her parent's house) for a gathering of Kyle's friends and fellow graduating cohort. 

Wendy, Nat, Bridget, Susan, Mary, Jon, Moria, & Kyle

Abby discovered the joy of plastic cups.  We also gave her her first bit of ice chips - I wish I had her face on camera - she looked mortified, intrigued, happy, and furious all at once. :)  But the plastic cup was a big hit.

Abby's boyfriend Tim was at the party.  He has recently learned to say Abigail (well, more like "Abbygo" but close enough.  He is always very happy to see her and very concerned whenever she is unhappy.  He checks the carseat as soon as he sees it, and if she's not there, he looks puzzled and asks "baby? Abbygo?"  

Here he is going in for the kiss ;)
...of course Abby just thinks Tim is another thing to chew on.

The party didn't start until 6pm, and so after being surrounded by strange people and being passed among many - Abby let us all know that she was ready for bed. ...

Finding somewhere for her to sleep in a house full of activity was very hard.  I ended up sitting in a recliner with her until we were ready to go - about 3 hours.  At least she slept well.

All in all, we had a great time all around.  Of course, yesterday was Kyle's big graduation day - but that deserves a post all of its own - hopefully I can get it up today. 

Oh, one more set of pictures for you - just because I'm not sure where else to put them, but I like them.  

Here is a cute picture of Kyle reading to Abby.  She loves the bright pictures in her "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" book.
and here is our little superstar showing off her new independence. 

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I am JEALOUS of Abs holding her own bottle! I am so ready for Max to be able to do that, especially in the car. :)

hannah said...

dear abs,

could you please teach me how to hold my own bottle? i still can't...and my mom isn't really thrilled about it.

ps. my mom loves the picture of your face when you're getting upset. she says i look the same way at bedtime.

oh, pss. mom says the pictures on the boat of your mom and dad are great! she loves the fog picture. okay, i'm cutting mom off. no more typing for me. my little fingers are tired.

hannah said...

psss. love, pratt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura..I hope you are doing well with the challenge. I have not talked to you as much this last week or two. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you!! Love, Tanna

background

counter