Friday, May 29, 2009

Dear Abigail

Dear Abigail, 

It's Friday night and you are in your crib sleeping.  I think I probably owe you a few thank yous for being such a good sleeper.  

Every night, we put you to bed around 7pm.  Every night you go down without a fight.  And at some point, every night, your dad or I say "we have such a good baby"  It's so true.  We often ponder how or why we were blessed with your easy going temperament.  Most people agree that if we ever have another child, they are destined to be terribly difficult.  Probably true.  But, for now, thank you for taking it easy on us.  

Tonight before your dinner, you spent a few hours with me and your dad.  We were playing with you and you were so engaging and...cute.  You are awfully cute.  Especially when you giggle - it's like our kryptonite - we both go weak in the knees and can't focus on anything but your smile.  You are so happy.  We played for a good 45 mins with a burp cloth.  I'm most certainly feeling like you're starting to become attached to these.  I have mixed feelings about that - but mostly I think its ok.  One day, when you leave it at the park and cry for a week afterwards - I'll probably regret it.  But for now, I love that you love it.  So, hug, hold, grab, and chew on your lovey all you like. 

I got off track - back to tonight.  Your dad and I had a lot of fun playing with you.  It was a happy little moment with you in between us - and we were taking turns making faces or singing songs to make you smile and laugh.  You never stop moving.  I think you flailed and kicked and rolled and laughed for a solid few hours.  ....Hm, no wonder you go to bed so well. 

I just found myself wanting to write - to you - to let you know about this one day in our lives.  This one day when you were 5 and a half months old that your dad and I stopped everything in our world to bask in your giggles.  

We love you so much, and more every day.  ~mom


3 comments:

Kristen said...

wonderful words

Anonymous said...

Laura and Kyle, I truely believe that the two secrets for being good parents are to have joy and also prayer. I have so much confidence in your future.
By the way, I love you three so very much.

Granny

Anonymous said...

Laura, I truly hope I can be present one day when Abigail reads these beautifully crafted, encouraging, affirming, loving words from you (and Kyle). What a gift (legacy) for her. She is truly blessed in every way.
Love.......Ouma

background

counter