Monday, May 25, 2009

weekend

Any day that starts with this face is a good day in my book.  

my little peanut - I've grown to love that she has no real eyebrows, yet the skin where they would be turns red when she's waking up, tired, mad, or surprised.
happykat

So far, Kyle and I have had an eventful and enjoyable weekend.  Friday, as previously mentioned, was Kyle's birthday.  He had fun on his scavenger hunt - which took him all day, and then we went out for dinner that night.  We came home and watched some basketball and called it a day.  

On Saturday, we had a low key morning around the house - which was nice.  Just worked on household chores and such and got a lot done.  Of course any good lazy morning includes a good nap on dad...
That evening, Kyle's uncle, aunt and cousin came to visit.  Kyle hadn't seen his uncle in 7 or 8 years, and he hadn't seen his aunt or cousin in closer to 15 years.  They live in California, and so the opportunities to get together are rather slim.  However, Chis (Kyle's cousin) was graduating from a high school nearby and they decided to take the opportunity to join us for dinner.  

We had a great time!  Obviously, I had never met any of them and I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know a few of the other...rather, the only other Shachmuts around. 

Daria, me, Kyle, Abby, Ken, & Chris
We enjoyed a very yummy dinner at a new modern italian place in the South End.  It's called Stella and comes highly recommended.  I'm no restaurant critic, but I had some swordfish that was so very yummy, and I've been craving their artichoke heart appetizer since we left.  Food aside, I think we all had a really nice time getting to know each other and catching up.  I know I did!

On Sunday, we woke up to the strange phenomenon that is thunder.  It was weird - but nice.  I don't recall ever seeing dark storm clouds like the ones we had yesterday - it reminded me of home and the air was all eerie and electric.  I love that feeling.  Kyle, not so much.  Anyway, we headed to church and then ran several errands around town.  We joined some friends for dinner at their house and again enjoyed food and company before coming home.

daddy time!

Today, we're hoping to go out and do some shopping for the Abster.  I'm hoping to finally pick up a jumper/exersaucer as well as some food prep gear - solids are just around the corner!  We go to the doctor tomorrow for another weigh in, and we'll ask about starting food.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

I feel like lately I've barely had time to blog- and when I do I'm just rushing through little updates about this and that - I'm hoping that I'll find some time for some more interesting bloggage in the near future...things are just very busy at the moment.  Of course, I guess we're all pretty busy, huh?  

Anyway, hopefully I'll find my regular writing routine soon.  Today, I'll leave you with this picture I shot as I got off the train....for no other reason than I just like it...and it reminds me of all things spring. 

2 comments:

*Jen* said...

I'm checking out Exersaucers right now too. Let me know what you decide!!
Love the last springy pic :)

Billie Jo said...

Oh how I miss thee. :)

background

counter