Tuesday, July 21, 2009

and miles to go before I sleep

A week ago I got re-motivated to amp up my exercising and diet.  I decided that my goal was to lose 1 lb in 1 week.  Do-able, right?

So today, one week later, I've shed 1.5 lbs.  So, I'm hoping by next tuesday - I will have lost 1 more pound.  Our challenge weigh in is Friday - so we'll see how things are going then.

Yesterday, I went shopping for jeans.  Don't clap - it's not a good thing.  I still can't wear any of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I'm sick and tired of wearing maternity clothes.  Like seriously sick and tired.  I told myself I was not going to buy any new clothes while I was still trying to lose weight - but - I've only had one pair of jeans for over a year now - and well, I just need another pair.  An "inbetween" pair.  

It was awful.  After trying 5 different stores and 2.5 hours later - all I bought was a book.  A book always fits.  Apparently, I either need to be a foot taller so that the jeans that fit me will fit my length as well - or I just need to be cut in half so that the jeans that fit my short legs will also fit my waist.  De-pressing.  There are jeans that could fit both - but I can't afford them.  Seriously - I'm so cheap when it comes to clothes.  Like, spending $20 bucks for jeans is too much in my mind - so all these $80 -$150 dollar pairs - Ummm, not for me.  Of course, I say that now.  If I have to go through another day of trying on jeans that don't fit, I may be eating those words.  And, yes, I know I could get them altered - but, I won't.  It's one of those things that I say I'll do - and I never will.

Anyway.  Point is - I'm still motivated to do well.  I've been trying to run 5 days a week.  I'm getting at least 40 mins of cardio in 5 days a week and I've been eating well.  I've been able to increase my running distance with just about every run - even if it's only a tiny bit.  I usually get in 2.5 miles a day - and I'm hoping that in the next 2 weeks, I'll be able to bump that up to 3. 

So, keep me accountable.  I need another pound lost by next Tuesday.  That's the goal for now. 

5 comments:

Heather said...

You are doing great! I wish I could be as motivated as you!

And shopping for clothes sucks! I'm getting a little more fed up with my body every day, so I think my motivation is coming soon. I hope so anyway.

:) Keep up the good work!

hannah said...

oh laura. i've been there. i'm there now. ten months later, i still can't wear my "expensive" jeans. and i'm not sure i ever will be able to. my body changed. and while some people may argue that...i know it to be true. my hips literally spread and they haven't gone back yet. i'm not sure they will.

i put those jeans in a guest closet so that i don't have to look at them EVERY SINGLE DAY. it's depressing to me. and honestly, i want to cry when i see them. so i had to move them. (i stole the idea from "what not to wear")

i found a great pair of jeans at express. they fit me perfectly. and let me say, NO jeans have ever fit me perfectly. i think they were around 50 dollars. but when i bought them, i got a coupon for a half price pair...so waited a month, and then went back and bought another pair for 25.

i cannot bring myself to spend money on myself either. 20 is wayyy too much for any piece of clothing. i used to not be this way...but i am now. who knows.

anyway, i know how you feel. but remember this...abs and kyle could care less about these things. and you're so lucky for that. so remember that when you're feeling down.

you'll get there. just don't give up. i'm right here with you. much love.

and ps. how ironic that my word verification is "hotyy". :) honestly. i couldn't have made that up!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I trust you that you will lose the weight, but in the meantime be better to yourself. You need more than one pair of jeans. You are so much more motivated than I was. Thinner is coming!

Love,

Granny

Billie Jo said...

you are doing so good. I'm so proud of you, and I know that you will keep making good progress. it's fun to have someone on a similar journey to send my progress and receive yours. :)

Wordweaver said...

Laura,
Don't worry about it. You'll reach your goal...but you are in new territory now and it will take a bit longer than you think. BTW, I now order my jeans/pants over the internet and get them shortened before I receive them. That way I KNOW they'll fit! And all my pants have to be shortened!


Remember, I'm proud of you!
Love,

Daddy

background

counter