Wednesday, July 1, 2009

shopping

Today we spent the rainy day in Orlando going to some outlet stores that have become a regular item on our to-do list during these summer visits. We had fun. :)

I went in wanting to get running shoes because I figured the hand me downs I got from a friend 3 years ago *might* not be in the best condition anymore. I figured that new shoes might feel better - but my hopes weren't high. However, when I actually started trying things on - oh my goodness - I felt like somebody had opened my eyes. Comparatively, I now see that I've been basically running barefoot on concrete. The new shoes are so comfortable and well - just springy. They kinda make me want to skip around. So anyway, new shoes for Laura - check.

Kyle also scored some new shoes, and other clothes and of course we enjoyed shopping for Abs. I indulged in some starbucks for the first time since...I can't remember when and we just generally had a nice day of retail therapy (umm, discounted, on sale and with coupons retail therapy, but still)

Kyle and I are about to head out for dinner, so I'll leave you with these pictures till next time. Oh, and next time might be a while. Kyle leaves tomorrow to go to the NFB conference in Detroit, so I'll be here for another week, but without his computer.

Daddy - just look at that gleam in her eyes. Us girls are just born with it.

Abby in her pretty new red dress

red just makes those blue eyes bluer

gummy grin!

Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the feel of 'spring in your step' new shoes. I'm glad for you.
Yes Abs pictures were adorable.

Granny

Heather said...

With that bright red dress, snow white skin, and big blue eyes, Abs looks ready to celebrate the 4th! So patriotic! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute Miss Abs.

I was looking at your challenge updates on the side, what does +12 mean? I was just a little confused, but wanted to keep up. (even though you email me! I like to read it online too)

Have a good night!

background

counter