Monday, July 27, 2009

a trip to the park

This is one of those things that you imagine doing with your baby/child when you're 9 and a half months pregnant and too swollen to move.  Taking them to the park.  You dream about those nice sunny days when you and your baby are just enjoying playtime together.  Well, today, I got my day. 

Today was our first time to the park - which is a little bit sad I suppose. I'm gonna blame it on the weather and say that it just now became sunny (and dry) enough for us to consider park time.  But, better late than never, and we had a great time. 

I took a ton of pictures, of course.  I managed to select a mere dozen out of the several hundred I took.  Amazing, no?  

First things first - we had to check out the swings.  It took Abby a few mins of taking everything in before she warmed up to the idea, but as soon as I started pushing her - she had a blast.  (check out the hair fuzz on top! It looks red in the right light, but its really more of a blonde /translucent color) 


Next was the slide.  We went down a few times, but she was a little more interested in the sand that had piled up on the bottom.  
We played in the tunnel - and she seemed to really like that part.  I think because she was sitting up a little bit - she liked looking out the little windows too. 

After so much playing, we took a break.  This expression on her face makes me laugh.

We spread out a blanket and decided to have a picnic.  Mmmm.  Blueberries.  I also let Abby have her first saltine cracker.  Big Hit.  

So while Kyle and I were looking at a house yesterday, the agent comes by and says "My goodness, look at those blueberry eyes"  It was the first time somebody had called them blueberries...instead of, y'know, just blue.  But, in this picture, you can see- they really are the same color. 

After lunch (she ate that whole bowl, by the way) We played with D'Artagnan.  We also played peek a boo for a long time and then read some books together.  

I love this face.  All in all - it was a very nice trip to the park.  One we'll have to do more often now. 

Here is one a quick video of Abigail's first time in a swing.  You gotta love her kicking legs. :)


4 comments:

jennybee said...

Awesome. Perfect memories.

Anonymous said...

These pictures and captions are wonderful! I love going to the park with children! What a day!

Granny

Kelly Dement said...

i'm glad some of the creatively names for her animals by auntie kyra stuck.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Great pictures to remember the day!! Abs is so photogenic.

background

counter