Thursday, July 23, 2009

jeans, round II

Well, I'm not much of one to give up a good fight - so today I decided I was going to keep searching for a pair of jeans.  I was optimistic and excited.

Abs and I got ready and gave dad a ride to work before heading off to Target.  Now, I love target.  I could spend hours in target just looking at things and wanting things and planning how I'm going to decorate my future dining room etc.  But, clothes at Target - and specifically pants at Target tend to be made for people taller than myself.  They don't have short people jeans.  But -if I didn't look, I'd never know, so off we went.  

I decided to try to let Abigail sit in the cart.  We've not done this before.  But lately, she's been sitting really well and she was getting restless and hot in the carseat and I couldn't just carry her and try on jeans so I put her in the cart.  Of course she loved it.  Of course she chewed on the hand rail - I don't have one of those nifty baby pouches....yet.  It was fun having her upright.  And as you can see - she was dressed for the occasion.


Anyway.  Target had no jeans for me.  I was mildly bummed.  I bought Abby another book instead.  We did a little grocery shopping and headed to the car to go home...once again, mildly depressed at the pants situation.  

Then I decided that I would risk having Abby melt down (it was past nap time at this point) and head across the street to the mall one more time.  I stopped in Ann Taylor first - Ann Taylor? Isn't that where teachers and church committee members shop?  Well, maybe, but they did have a petites section.  Long story short - too expensive for my cheap-o wallet. Then I remembered that my friend Hannah had suggested checking out Express.  I had walked through the previous day, but hadn't tried anything on.  I figured it couldn't hurt to look - I mean, at this point, just finding jeans that fit would be great - even if I didn't buy them. 

Well, as soon as I walked in and this friendly girl asked me if she could help me - I just kinda blurted out "do you have short jeans? Cause I'm short and I need jeans"  She smiled and asked me what kind of style I liked.  I wanted to say "something that doesn't have an elastic band at the top" but I didn't want to look completely stupid - so I went with bootcut.  She helped me find a few to try on and I skeptically walked to the dressing room.  

Ok, don't judge me, but I actually teared up when they fit.  I know, I know - they're just pants - but you try wearing pants you hate for 7 months and then go find something shiny and new that works.  So, I did a little happy dance in the dressing room and made Abby laugh.  I tried on 3 more styles - but the first one was the winner.  

Remember how I said I might eat my words as far as the price of jeans go?  Well - nom nom nom.  I think I probably spent more on this one pair than all the other pairs I've ever bought.  That might actually be close to being true - and they weren't even crazy expensive, they were par for the course.  I passed up the second pair at half price deal using every. inch. of. willpower. I had.  

So, anyway - YAY!  These silly jeans make me happy.  

8 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

When you've been wearing maternity jeans as long as we have, anything that looks good, with a zipper, will do just fine. I cannot wait to wear actual jeans again!

Anonymous said...

Those silly jeans make me happy, too.

Granny

*Jen* said...

Yay!!

Wordweaver said...

Persistence pays off again! Way to go!
Love,
Daddy

Anonymous said...

Doing the happy dance with you...love ya!

hannah said...

when i got your facebook post thursday, i actually teared up. yes, laura. i did. which i know, probably isn't surprising. but i was just so excited. i remember standing in that dressing room thinking, "no way. this can't be happening to me. seriously!? seriously!!!!!"

i still wear them. they will probably always be my favorite pair.

yay for jeans! yay for feeling pretty...and feminine!!!

Holly said...

Aeropostale and Old Navy are good for us short folks too!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'll have to check out their jeans at Express as well! I tried Old Navy, but since they're "stretch" they have a tendency to shrink and not keep their comfort. Congrats!

~Leah

background

counter