Wednesday, July 29, 2009

more ramblidge

There are several topics floating around in my head today, so here we go.

1) Kyle and I found a townhouse/condo that we both really really loved.  The location had some great perks but the commute for Kyle would be a bit of a sacrifice on his part (more effort and planning required to get into the city)  So, we were thinking about it and trying to decide if the bus commute would be a deal breaker.  We decided to go for it and the next morning it was taken off the market.  We were bummed.  We don't know why it was taken off.  We don't know if it sold or what - usually the listing stays active, but says "pending" if a sale is in progress.  So, I find myself secretly hoping for it to magically reappear.  As I'm feeding Abby, I'm mentally decorating the condo and imagining us in it...and then I have to remember, it's gone.  So - I'm learning first hand what I already knew.  If you love it, take action, cause somebody else richer than you probably loves it too. 

2) I need to get the maintenance guy to come fix my sink, which is mostly clogged and draining super slow.  FYI - eggplant skins are not disposal friendly.   I also need to schedule an oil change.  I also need to clean everything. 

3) I packed up all my maternity clothes the other day.  I also packed up a bunch of clothes that I will never wear even though I want to wear them.  Some too big, most too small, some just not my style anymore.  It was nice.  Abby and I had a small memorial service for my jeans.  We folded them and placed them in the box, said a few words of remembrance, and then danced around my bedroom to some tunes in celebration.  I actually thought about tossing them out a window or something for a symbolic "good riddance" type ceremony - but figured it wasn't worth the fine.  It will be a long time before I miss them. 

4)  Abigail.  She is growing and learning so much.  I know its cliche - but people say it because its true, she grows up every day.  She's evolved from dragging herself across the floor to doing the inch worm motion.  She can get anywhere she wants and spends most of her morning exploring our little living room.  She mimics my motions now.  She's trying to learn to clap and we play a lot of patting and clapping and hitting the ground copying games.  She now turns the book pages for me when we read, and can sit on her own really well.  She's always happy. She's a lot of fun and I'm having fun with her.  

5) I lost another pound this week, which is good, it was my goal.  I'm surprised though because I have not exercised like I should the past several days.  My typical gym time has been spent looking at open houses and showings.  It's not really an excuse though, and I need to make time again. 

6) Oh, and I FINALLY got my MA license!  It took Forever.  I applied for it in early April of 2008!  Yes, 2008.  And basically because UCA and the MA DOE couldn't get along - I had to submit stuff over and over and, well, it just took FOREVER.  But, now its done and I can "officially" do what I've been doing for a couple of years now.  *rolling eyes*

7) I love making Abby's food.  I mostly make the meals on Sundays.  I just love it. Its easy and it gives me a sense of accomplishment and makes me feel like I'm doing something good for her.  I'm excited to explore new food options, I think I'll give her some meat next week.  Eggplant was a big hit, much to my surprise, actually.  She's also really loving spinach.  For breakfast, we have oatmeal, fruit and yogurt.  Dinner is usually a veggie or two and more yogurt (or fruit) for dessert.  It's a lot of fun to be able to go out to eat and to get something for her to eat too.  Even if its only bananas or avocado or something.  It's still fun. 


This is getting longer than I intended.  So, I'm gonna go tend to the house so that it doesn't look like a big playpen when the guys come to fix the sink.  I'll have to dump out the rest of my thoughts another time. 

3 comments:

*Jen* said...

Laura, I agree with you on the baby food. "easy & sense of accomplishment."
I didn't anticipate how easy it really is to make baby food! I don't understand the concept of buying "pureed banana" in a jar! :)

Anonymous said...

enjoyed your posting. Wow about being legally liscenced in MA.

Abigail's growing excites me. I sure enjoyed your growth too.

The right place will come.

Oh yes, did I mention that I love you.

Granny

hannah said...

take lots and lots of pictures of your place now. i thought i would remember small details about our old...or i guess i should be polite and say, "former" home. but i feel like jonah in sleepless in seattle. i'm starting to forget what it looked like. i wish i remember specifics. i can only see big pictures now. all this to say...learn from my mistake. take wayyy too many pics.

also, i love that you and abigail had a memorial for the clothes. so cute.

and i'm completely and totally shocked that uca couldn't get along with someone.

sike.

background

counter