Saturday, July 11, 2009

back to life

Back to reality...

So, Florida was great.  

We had a really nice time just being able to relax and enjoy Kyle's family's company.  Abby got to see the ocean for the first time, taste sand, see crabs and swim.  She seems to really enjoy the water.  After a few days of taking everything in - she got to where she was able to happily play in the pool.  We had lots of good food and Abby got to try peaches and watermelon and blueberries for the first time as well as squash and applesauce.  The applesauce was not a hit - I'm sure it's too tart for her.  She got lots and lots of attention from everybody around her...which, of course, she loved.  Oh, and she got to meet her aunt Brittany for the first time too!  

The second week we were in FL, Kyle flew to Detroit to attend the National Federation of The Blind conference.  He was one of 30 scholarship winners selected from hundreds across the country and was treated to a week at the conference hobnobbing amongst the elite.  The last night was a dinner where they announce who wins what scholarship and out of 30 people, Kyle was in the top 7.  I'm super proud of him.  On top of the scholarship money he won, they also gave him several thousand dollars worth of gadgets and gifts.  I know he had a great time.

But, after all our travels, it's nice to be home again too.  Abby did great with the constant unfamiliarity of her surroundings and having to sleep in the pack n play.  But I think she's happy to be in her own room.  She also did great on the plane rides.  On the way home, we took off at 7pm - her bedtime - perfect, right?  Wrong.  The little bugger refused to let me hold her or put her to sleep.  She was wiiiiide awake (and thankfully very happy) the whole 2.5 hours of the trip.  As we were driving to the gate after landing, she fell asleep sitting on my lap.  Poor thing.  She's such a trooper.  I will admit though - that I'm a little more anxious about our trip to Oz in a month....oy vey.  

K, I can't think about that right now.  It'll all work out, right?  

So now it's Saturday and we're back into our routine, pretty much.  Grocery shopping is done, laundry still left to do etc etc.  For now, I'll leave you with a few more pictures from our vacation.  I mean, I only took about...a million pictures.  Enjoy.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like a wonderful vacation.
Wonderful pictures! I'm proud of Kyle.

Granny

Billie Jo said...

i miss you and abby and kyle.

*Jen* said...

I love that shot of her feet! So crisp & clear.

background

counter