Sunday, July 19, 2009

Freedom Trail

For those of you who aren't familiar with Boston landmarks - the Freedom Trail is a red brick trail that leads you through downtown past a number of historical sites.  It's one of those "must-dos" when you're in town.  Because of that - Kyle and I have walked the trail at least a dozen times.

Today, Kyle's sister Brittany and her boyfriend came to visit us for the day.  They had never been to Boston - so, the Freedom Trail was on the top of our to do list.  After you've done the trail a few times, you get to know it pretty well.  I stopped taking pictures of the trail a long time ago.

So today I thought that I would keep the camera at the ready and I challenged myself to take pictures of the same monuments and sites but in a new way.  Or to find something new to capture on "film"  It was fun.

We all had a good time - and I got lots of walking in, which was great!  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day.


St. Francis of Assisi 

a dog tag memorial


mmm.  cannoli.  mmm
(hey, I did walk miles here)

holocaust memorial


Meet D'Artagnan.  Abby's BFF.

Dart's senior picture, perhaps?

nice birdy. hungry birdy.

the clock tower
old city hall

gravestone closeup

2 comments:

Heather said...

Laura- those are amazing. I seriously think you should consider a career in photography.

jennybee said...

Great pics, sis!

background

counter