Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunday Fair

My Sunday was better than my Saturday. It was more productive and more fun.

Since moving into the new place, our list of "things we need" has just gotten longer and longer. So on Sunday we headed out to the burbs to get a few things.

We were pretty efficient. On the top of our list was baby gates. With Abby being more and more mobile, we've decided that some strategically placed gates might make life easier, and we definitely wanted something for the top of the stairs. So, we got all of that stuff and various odds and ends from half a dozen other stores.

We decided to stop and eat at olive garden (thanks mom and dad for the gift card!) We had a nice lunch, and we ordered Abby some pasta - it was her first pasta, actually. It took a little convincing to get the waitress to realize that we just wanted the pasta plain. She, at first, told us that they only had mac & cheese (I found that hard to believe that an intalian restaurant couldn't produce plain pasta) Then, she said that she could order mac and cheese with no cheese. I said that sounded ok, and then she said as she was writing down the order "one mac & cheese, with no cheese, just butter" So, I told her that I didn't want butter on it either. You would have thought that she had never considered that as a possible way to eat before.

Anyway, after a few more exchanges we finally got a plain order of penne pasta - and Abby loved it.

After a few more stores, we all headed home. Kyle and I were exhausted. But, on the way back home, I saw that the town was having their Harvest Fair. I love fairs. Even small ones like these. So, I decided that I would take Abby down to enjoy the festivities while Kyle got a little rest.

We had a nice time - we just strolled around and looked at all the vendors and rides. There were tons of kids and families. Live music, the smell of fair food - and the day was just gorgeous. I ended up buying Abby a hat (as the cold is just waiting around the corner). I love it, it's big on her, but still fits at the same time and it was knit to look like an apple. I took some pictures, although I failed to get the top of the hat in, so you can't see the stem and leaf. :)

So, after the festival, Abby and I headed home and spent the evening getting things done around the house. After she went to bed, Kyle and I made his new favorite dinner of cold chicken curry salad and watched some TV together.

All in all, it was a very nice (even if exhausting) day. Here are a few pics from the fair.

Abby with her new hat.

I didn't realize till later that she had on an apple shirt too.

If balloons like these can't cheer you up - what can?

I love this picture - I thought it captured the atmosphere nicely.
Bright balloons, fall trees, and fair food

2 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

love the hat. she looks super cute. And great pictures!

Kaylee said...

I always love seeing all your pictures!

background

counter