Sunday, October 25, 2009

walk with me

Today was gorgeous. It was the perfect fall day. It put me in a good mood as soon as I was awake and lasted all day. Clear blue sky (so, so, blue) all the trees seem to be at their peak color, the sun was bright and clear, and the temperature was 62. Not cold, but not warm. Perfect.

So after church we did our weekly whole foods visit and grabbed some lunch. We let Abby get a nap at home (she didn't have a morning one on account of church and she was Very Tired. When she woke up, she and I put on our shoes and headed out to the park. There was no way I was going to miss taking a walk today. Of course, I took my camera too.

This is the point in my blog where I apologize for all the tree pictures. I took 175 pictures on our walk. I was constantly trying to capture the feeling of the day in the pictures. I wanted to post them here so that everyone could feel how perfect this day was. Turns out, that's pretty hard to do. Even the most beautiful and amazing tree doesn't come out the way I want it to on "film" But I tried.

So, come walk with me.

This is our street - a few houses down. I love this picture. I love the trees over the road and the flower garden and the leaves taking over the sidewalk. Its probably my favorite picture that I shot today. If you could see the sun or blue sky - I think it would have done pretty well for capturing the essence of the afternoon.

further down our street. Yellow was the color of the day. It won't be long before these leaves turn brown and the trees are bare, so we have to enjoy the color while its here! I also loved the rake left by the tree.

Another tree (get used to it). With the sun behind this one - I thought it looked so...fall, and warm.

This is just a house a the end of the street. I love the old victorians. I especially love the roof - it reminds me of Mary Poppins. :)
(sorry about the tree blocking the view, I didn't want to look like a stalker by getting much closer)

As we made it out of the neighborhood and into town, I found this tree and I loved the gradient colors.

Ok. I saw these trees driving home from church and they were the reason I decided to go on a picture walk. Can you believe that red?

Next stop - the playground! I'm not sure why we got balloons today.

how cute are these pants? :)

pure. happiness.

We had a great time at the park. I got to talk to several other parents and Abby enjoyed playing with a few other kiddos. But, pretty soon it was time to head home.

Here's part of the path we took out of the park.

Here's another shot of town. Big sky.

The town does this thing where they have kids (grades 3-7 I think) paint the windows of businesses all over town. The orange paper on top has the name of the kid and the grade. This one was one of my favorites.

We took a different route home. More yellow. I wish I could have captured the way things look while the leaves are falling and swirling - but try as I did, I couldn't quite get it to work out.

Like I said - I've got tons more pictures. I'm saving some of them for other posts. I had a great time taking Abby out though. I felt so...momish. And it was great!

Thanks for joining us. ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning photos!!!
AJ

Brandy@YDK said...

beautiful pictures. thanks for the tour.

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for the trees!!!

jennybee said...

You are so my sister. Whenever we travel, I just go gaga over the different types of trees, and Ben's constantly bugging me to stop taking pictures and enjoy it. I can't make him see how taking pictures IS my way of enjoying it--in the moment and for the rest of my life. It feeds the creative urge, and the need for remembering things all at once.

They're gorgeous. I bet the day was even more so!

background

counter