Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday thoughts

Yesterday was one of those days that I kept thinking "oh, I'll blog about that!" By the time 5pm rolled around, I had such a long list of things to talk about that I wondered if I'd get through them all by next week sometime. By the time 6pm rolled around, I was still trying to decide how to organize my thoughts and by the time Abby was in bed at 7 - I sat down at the computer and stared at the screen for 10 mins trying to remember what was so important an hour ago. Really, I was just worn out from the day and didn't have the energy to blog (energy to blog? Yeah, I know...but its true)

So, I thought I'd give it a shot again today.

First, as always, Abby. She got bigger this week. Overnight, actually. This morning when I went to get her, I noticed that her hair is thicker. It's thick enough now that the bottom layer can be going one way while the top layer goes another. I need to get a brush for her - a brush that I didn't need as of last night.

She may never crawl. She's capable, and on occasion, she'll take 2 or 3 steps crawling so that she can pull up on something near her - but as for crossing actual distances? She prefers to drag herself around. I wish I could get her to understand that there's an easier way - but she's not listening to me. Not that it matters, she spends 90% of her time standing or cruising or pulling up on anything she can. Yesterday she let go of the couch and tried to stand on her own - it didn't work, but she tried!

She also got her first boo-boo yesterday. While testing different surfaces, she discovered that if you pull up on the foldout tv stand (that we use as a coffee table because we're cheap) then it will fall on you. When I got home from work, she had 2 scratches and a small bruise on her forehead. She's fine.

I made her pasta last night again. She loved it. Whole wheat pasta makes me happy (even though I still think white pasta tastes better - I'm learning to love it and I love feeding it to Abby) I put some parmesan on it and she loved being able to feed herself the whole bowl. Such a big girl.

Fall is so here. Everything feels like fall. It's great. The neighborhood is so picturesque at times that I'm amazed that I live here. **detour** When I was little, I used to watch car commercials on tv and I always noticed when they would have a car driving down some curvy mountain road how the car would stir up a bunch of leaves in the road as it zoomed by. My favorite part of those commercials were watching the leaves swirl into the air. I *still* love that and when I see it happening in real life, I get really happy. A slightly damp road with golden and red leaves falling from the trees above it is perfect - watching them swirl in the rear view mirror is the best. **end detour**

I found a free L-shaped desk on craigslist and now we have an office. My dining table from CL should be delivered today, and then we'll have a dining room. I'm waiting to hear about a kitchen island I found on craigslist this morning, and then the kitchen will be complete. I heart craigslist. All in all, the things I've found would have cost close to 1800 new and I'm going to pay a grand total of 485 for all of them (if I get the island that is)

Kyle is the best husband ever.

What else? I think the majority of my other thoughts were on religion or politics or something probably better left unblogged. Oh, and a bunch of childhood memories. Maybe I'll write about those next time.

Here are some pictures of Abby's pasta experience.

oooh, I can do it myself!
nom.

hey mom, this way is easier

no more pictures, please!
(if you look, you can see her where the tray hit her)

3 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

too cute. and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I also heart craigslist

Heather said...

Yum pasta. I'm impressed you can trust Abs with a bowl. Max usually dumps it (and it's contents) onto the floor...

Truth said...

She sure is a cutie.

background

counter