Saturday, April 3, 2010

bunny mine

We have had a lovely time these past few days. A much needed break from the stressors of work.

On Friday, we decided to delay Abby's nap time so that we could take her on a quick trip to the park where Beckah & Reese were playing. The weather has been beautiful and we enjoyed the stroll down to the park. Abby had fun playing. She loves it there and its so funny to watch her. She'll just be walking around the playground laughing out loud at nothing in particular. Just laughing because that's how happy she is to be on the playground.

Reese & Abby - best buddies

Since it was already an hour past nap time, and Abby was crawling back into her stroller saying "bye-bye" to people - we took the cue and decided to head home. But, then I decided I wanted to detour to a field and try out Abby's new bunny ears. Lucky for us - there was a man playing with a dog in the distance, and Abby was determined to go see the dog, so that kept her distracted enough so I could shoot some pictures. ...and we got to pet the dog eventually too.

bunny mine

I secretly love that she's wearing her bunny shirt too.


After the park, Abby took a nap while Kyle ran some errands. When he got home and Abs was up, we all packed up to head down to Framingham to get some diapers and things we needed. It was a good trip, Kyle got a few shirts and we enjoyed the time shopping/browsing together.

So that was Friday.

This morning was good too. Abs and I hung out till about 10 and then I handed her over to Kyle and headed out. I had my first appointment at a consignment shop (children's orchard) and brought in some of Abby's things to cash in. I was pleased that they offered me $45 - I didn't expect that much, but I took it and off I went. I don't mind running errands with Abby, but it is impossible to leisurely browse with her in tow anymore, so I headed to one of my favorite thrift stores and really enjoyed just looking at everything, everything at my own pace. I went, with the intention of getting myself something - but walked out with 2 dresses (they're so cute) for abs and a small table for her as well.

...isn't it cute? For $4, I thought it was adorable. :)

I took full advantage of my alone time. I hit up target and then the mall. I searched many stores and walked away with nothing. I was pretty tired by the end of it and a little down that I didn't find anything I liked. Well, that's not true. I found things I liked, but I wouldn't spend the money on things that expensive. One positive was that I was a smaller dress size than I thought I was - so it was encouraging to have to put clothes back because they were too big. Can't remember the last time that happened!

So anyway, I made my way home and packed Abs in her Easter finest and we went off to take pictures. I'll post those tomorrow. She's so cute. :)

After being dressed up for a few hours and being outside in the hot sun (I'm Loving the warm weather!) I let Abby run around in just her diaper for a while. She loved it (she doesn't get to do that often). She just giggled and ran away from me lest I dare try to clothe her.

yeah, that's a bottle brush on the floor....aaaand?

I'm so thankful that I have my hands full with this little one. What a wonderful few days we've had together. I can't wait to celebrate Easter with her tomorrow!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Easter tomorrow to 3 of our favorite people. Good Godparents would definitely have put an Easter card in the mail...but where does time go? We are thinking of your family and praying for you regularly. We love you guys...

*Jen* said...

Great find on the table! cute!
and yay for your "me" time. Leisurely shopping time is a rarity, I relate!

background

counter