Wednesday, April 7, 2010

whirwind

It is not an unusual thing for me to be busy at work. Busy is normal and busy is good. But, this last week or so has been somewhat of a doozy.

I don't have the energy to get into all the details, but it suffices to say that there was a ton to get done, and things out of my control happened, and some things didn't get done. Add to that having to work with individuals that you find irritating and unprofessional and things get more stressful. Add to that a few more wrenches and unexpected events thrown into the daily grind and that doesn't help. Oh, and did I mention that I somehow managed to lose my "monthly" which is the paper that I use to keep track of all my cases and important dates. It's what I work from, and I don't know where it is. Well, I kinda know where it is - it's with the other papers that I can't find, but it is the one that I am most desperate without...so, yeah, add that in. I've been coming to work 2 hours early all week, skipping my lunch break, and running around trying to make things happen. And it's been tiring. I'm so tired this week.

Let me check myself right quick and say - I'm thankful for this job and I love what I do, and I'm not complaining about being busy...simply saying that this week has been more stressful than most.

The other way I can tell I'm stressed - my dreams. Since as long as I can remember I have tornado dreams when I'm stressed. Without fail. I like to think of it as some sort of symbolic whirlwind of chaos. Most of the time, my tornado dreams are not frightening. Often, they're beautiful and the tornados are in the distance, or non threatening. But I know, when I have a tornado dream, it is a good indication that I'm feeling overwhelmed in some capacity.

Last night's dream was interesting. The details are fuzzy now, but there were tornados coming and I was worried about the people who were with me. I was keeping watch through a tower window of the oncoming storm and watching several tornados dance around each other. When I decided to go down to warn the others to take cover (but not before grabbing pillows, seat cushions, mattresses and beanbag chairs for protection for them) I found my loved ones in a basement looking into a huge empty aquarium. Empty, except for the 3 or 4 tornados, now miniature, that they had managed to contain within. I don't remember much after that.

Food for thought though, I don't usually put a lot of meaning behind my dreams, but sometimes I wonder. Maybe my brain is trying to tell me that my family and my friends are what keep me grounded, what calm my storms, what calm me. Who knows. Maybe, maybe not.

Luckily, after this week, things should return to their normal level of busy and then we have April vacation - which I'm very much looking forward to. After April vaca, we can officially begin the countdown till summer....and that will be nice. :)

No comments:

background

counter