Friday, April 23, 2010

friday pics & stuff

I'm really tired, I'm sorry if this post turns out a bit disjointed. If it comes out cohesively, consider it luck. :)

I mentioned yesterday how busy Kyle's been lately. We haven't seen a lot of each other and Abby has seen even less of him- so this morning, we decided a family breakfast was in order. We all got up and went to one our favorite local joints to just spend some time together before Kyle had to go to work. It was nice. And it was delicious. We sat by the windows, and had some great light for pictures. I took way too many. I loved how blue Abby's eyes were.


Here's Abby pretending that the cracker is a phone - she had us both laughing. :)

"Heeeey girl, what's goin' on? Yeah, I'm just calling you from my cracker phone"

This is apparently how you put people on hold when talking on your cracker phone.

even she knew she was being silly
So, I may have gained 5 lbs from breakfast this morning, but it may have been worth it. ;)

After breakfast, we took Kyle to work and Abs and I headed to the library. We had a good time. She actually sat at the tables and looked at some books for nanoseconds at a time. She mainly thinks we just go there to socialize and play. She is so so so extroverted in these kinds of settings - we're pretty baffled by where she gets that from. She says hi to everyone, she sits next to other kids and plays and runs around without fear. At one point, there was another little boy crying and Abby just stood next to him for a while watching with her bottom lip sticking out....she then went and got a book and brought it to him. My heart melted a little, it was the sweetest thing.



(this is how most of my pics look- she's always moving)

Our afternoon was slow - Abby napped, I watched mediocre reality television shows. Soon it was time to go pick up Kyle from work. We had some time to waste, so I let Abs roam around campus a bit. Again, she showed how extroverted she is. She stopped and said hi to people, she had people stopping to watch her as she clapped and danced to some music that was playing. At one point, she walked up behind a guy giving a campus tour and started making animal noises and clapping. The poor guy - nobody in that tour was listening to his speech right then. She got tons of attention...which of course she loved.

I also tried putting her hair in pigtails for the first time out and about in the world. I thought they were kinda cute...but I'm always biased.

"here little baby, you touch it first..."

pigtails



So when Kyle joined us we headed out of town. Kyle has a conference all weekend for the MA chapter of the Federation for the Blind. He's expecting to be elected president of the student sector for MA. He's really enjoyed getting involved and networking with all the people he's met through the organization. I'm proud of him and I'm glad he has this to do...cause, y'know, I was really getting tired of him sitting around not doing anything all day. And in case my sarcasm didn't come across - I'm joking. I really am glad he has this. But, I still miss him just the same.

So, it took us about 90 mins to drive out of the city with all the Friday evening traffic. We grabbed some subway for dinner together before Abs and I drove back home.

And now here we are - Abs in bed, and me logging our day so that I can look back on it in 20 years and remember what life was like at this moment in time. Life is busy, but life is good.

We have a big day planned tomorrow. It includes Abby's first visit to Chuck-E-Cheese for baby Reece's first birthday party. I apologize in advance for the picture overload.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so good to people, Laura. You are wonderful in finding something fresh in even the difficulty of Kyle being as busy as he is. Abby looks so happy much of the time. She sure has good parents. I love you.

Granny

Brandy@YDK said...

love the cracker phone. I had to order french toast for breakfast yesterday because of you pictures! and the pigtails are adorableness

background

counter