Wednesday, April 28, 2010

USPS love

Getting packages is exciting, isn't it? It's always a little bit like Christmas. We were lucky enough to get, not one, but TWO packages this week. Exciting!

So, the first package we got was from my best friend Billie Jo and her husband Ricky. It was an unexpected surprise for sure. Abby and I opened the box together and found a card that said this:
So, I should probably preface this next part with the fact that I've been feeling a little lonely lately. Partly because it's been too long since I've seen my Billie Jo or other family and friends, and partly because Kyle has been so busy and we simply haven't spent any time together. It's a recipe for a pity party. So, it suffices to say that this package came at the perfect time.

Abs and I opened the box to discover a gift for each of us! I got an awesome T-shirt, Kyle got a US Soccer scarf (score!) and Abby got the best summer shoes ever...which also happen to be her first Nikes. Billie Jo and Ricky live in Oregon now, so Nike is, y'know, kinda big there. :)

The baby shoe box alone was enough to make me go, "aaawwww!" But, check out these shoes!

a.dorable. And perfect for summer

As fate would have it, "Shoes" is the word Abby has been working on perfecting for the past week or so. She's been obsessed with shoes. She was VERY excited about these and we put them on right away. Since we had our shoes on now, I took Abs outside to let her water our plant. She promptly dumped water all over her pants, so I brought her back in, took off her shoes and pants, and let her run around in her diaper.

Well, it didn't take 2 seconds for her to bring me her shoes, sit down in my lap, stick out one foot and say "Shoes??" So, I put them on again and she spent the rest of the afternoon running around in her shoes and diaper.

Here she is trying out a sweet potato she found in the pantry...

I mentioned before how I had been feeling a little lonely and missing everyone. This surprise package really did come at the perfect time. I was so touched. Not only that they thought of us and went out of their way to surprise us - but that they were thoughtful enough to spoil my husband and my daughter too. So, what did I do? I cried. I cried because I could not believe how blessed I have been to have such sweet people in my life. And not just because they send us things (I promise!) but because their friendship just runs so deep. I love them both more than I can say.

So, thanks Billie Jo & Ricky - you really did make our day.

But that wasn't the only package we got this week! I know, I'm spoiled. My sister had mentioned that she would rescue us by sending Abby a replacement "Duckie" This is the stuffed animal that she took everywhere and that we lost a few weeks ago.

So, that package came today, and I promised Jennifer I would video Abby opening it. She was pleased. :) But, as you'll see in the video, she was also a little distracted by another surprise gift. Abby got a new buddy today. I think we've named him Planko....although it might be Sprout. What do you vote?

they have the same hair-do! Its fantastic.

This next picture is of Abby with Duckie. After dinner, she carried him around for a while and I said, "Hey, Abby, can I have Duckie?" This is the look I got:

Yeah, the answer was "no" But, Duckie was chosen to go in the crib tonight - of course. :)

So, Thank you Jennifer & Ben for sending us the plush treats. Abby says Thank You....although, you can see that for yourself...

6 comments:

hannah said...

she is adorable. and those shoes are fantastic. so cute on her little bitty feet.

Brandy@YDK said...

Those shoes are awesome. G totally needs a boy pair. I'm so glad you got some things to lift your spirit. What a blessing!

susanna said...

Thank you for this wonderful glimpse into your life - and yes, getting packages never gets old!

Brooke said...

Aren't packages the BEST!!!! Sounds like it really MADE your week... and you needed it :D

*Jen* said...

lovely post ;) So glad you got such nice surprises!

Billie Jo said...

We love you!

background

counter