Thursday, April 8, 2010

You Capture - Comfort

When I read this week's theme for You Capture, "comfort" My first thought was "how do I make mashed potatoes into a good picture?"

But, as it turns out, this week wasn't about that kind of comfort. This week was Easter, and an Easter spent 1500 miles away from the majority of my family and friends...with the exception of my husband and baby girl. And so, I was comforted by them, and their presence, their laughter, and conversation.

Here are a few of my favorites of the girlchild from the 1,256 many pictures I took this weekend. Enjoy!
(for you regular readers, sorry about the repeats :)

comforted by traditions...

comforted by the warm spring sun

comforted in watching her learn

...and be silly

comforted by the blessings of being a mom

and obviously, I didn't take this one, and I must give credit where credit's due, so thank you to my friend Karen for taking the rare family photo of the 3 of us. :)

Beth, who ususally hosts You Capture, just had a beautiful baby boy, so hop on over to Keli's site today to check out the other Comfort posts.

9 comments:

Bec said...

I love the polka dots!

Anonymous said...

I love her dress and the first picture. She has such beautiful eyes!

Jen said...

What a cutie! I love her Easter dress!

Julie said...

I love the first and third ones the best. She is super cute :).

kristenly said...

great photos! i love the one of your little one and the chocolate bunny.

The 3 Bishops said...

I love the dress... And of course - what a beautiful family !!

Follow me @ the3bishops.blogspot.com

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

She is precious! What wonderful memories captured

designHER Momma said...

her dress - it kinda matches your blog design. love them both.

shellycoulter said...

beautiful pictures.

background

counter