Wednesday, May 19, 2010

common fun

Yesterday, Abs and I had to make a quick trip downtown to pick up something. We don't really go into the city that often, and especially when it's just me and her. I wasn't really looking forward to the hassle of it all, but in the end, things went well.

Abby loves riding on the trains. She repeatedly says "choo-choo!" while in transit. When we stop, she waves "bye-bye" to everyone getting off. After she's done waving, she looks at me, puts her arms up and says, "up?" And I have to say, "No, not yet, this isn't our stop"

We did this about a dozen times? Of course onlookers think its cute.

We eventually made it downtown and ran our errands. but, I decided to take a detour on the way back to the train station and let Abby explore the Commons. Its been months since she's been downtown, and I don't think she's ever really been to the commons - at least not to explore. So, we started out chasing squirrles and pigeons. In fact, that's what she did most of the time.

It was pretty funny. I gave Abby a cracker to hold, so all the birds and squirrels would follow her until she turned around, and then they would walk to a safer distance. Abby had a blast trying to catch them.



When that got old, I took Abs to the little playground on the Commons by Frog Pond. Most of the equipment was too big for her, but she very much enjoyed the frog statues. Actually, she thought they were monkeys...I can kinda see it.

giving hugs


And I took this last picture just to document that Abby has started walking on her tiptoes a lot. Not all the time or anything, but especially when she's outside, she walks around like that. I dunno, just wanted to remember it.

After a quick stop for a bagel and some milk, we headed home. Abs did great on the train and we made it home before the rain came, so all in all, it was a nice little detour of an afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures and the prose. I sure look forward to your posts.

Granny

Brandy@YDK said...

It can be daunting to take toddlers anywhere - you never know how it's gonna go. I'm glad it went well and y'all had a good time

Anonymous said...

My oldest daughter has always walked on her tiptoes and even now, at the ripe old age of 26 she still does it. I have to tell you I thoroughly enjoy reading your Abby and family updates...makes me feel like I actually know her. AJ

background

counter