Tuesday, May 11, 2010

date night

Kyle's sister has been visiting for the past week - which has been a lot of fun and pretty fantastic. Because she's awesome, she offered to babysit one night and let me and Kyle go out for a change. Ah, dates. Remember those? :)

I think its important to try to go out on occasion. It's a nice way to unwind, de-stress, and reconnect. And if you don't make the time, then it won't happen. It was actually one of my new years resolutions to go on at least one date every other month. That may not sound like many - but any of you with kids and jobs and life know that it's better than nothing.

So, anyway, we got to go out last night. :) We decided to go bowling. Neither of us have bowled since college (saying that makes me feel old). We went to a place called Kings. It's downtown and right off the T so it was easy access. Since it was Monday, we didn't have to fight any crowds.


It was a nice place, we ordered some food and drinks and started playing. I feel that I should explain a few things here. First of all, my sweet husband can't actually see the pins when he bowls. I know, you're thinking "then why did you take him bowling??" Because, friends, he's better at it that I am. He always beats me bowling. I was hoping that the 5 year hiatus would have weakened his skills - but, I ultimately lost. Apparently, he's been wii bowling behind my back. ;)

We had a great time. I told Kyle what pins were left by their number and he knocked them down. Sight is overrated. Neither of us bowled particularly well - but I bowled worse.

date night used to mean "heels & makeup" Not anymore! :)

one of my few strikes

one of his many strikes

Our scores after 3 games. haha

We played three games before we called it quits. We decided to walk off my loss by walking down to the big apple store and playing with ipads. I hadn't had the chance to play with one before. I still don't see a practical use for one in everyday life - but, they're pretty cool and we had fun playing around in our geeky little way.

After that we walked down to another little spot we like and treated ourselves to some margaritas and snacks while we watched the red sox win and just talked. That's the best part about a date - just talking and talking about things more than "what do you want for dinner?" or "will you change her diaper?" or "have a good day, I gotta run" We reminisced and laughed and talked and enjoyed just being out.

So thank you Kyra for manning the fort while we gallivanted around the city. Gold star for you.

And thank you, Kyle, for being somebody that I still love just as much as ever...and probably more.




3 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

looks like y'all had a great time! i really need a date night!

*Jen* said...

Yay!

hannah said...

does kyra have any kids? she doesn't, does she? if i'm correct in this, it makes her even ten times more awesome for doing the whole babysitting for you guys. until you have a kid, you don't realize what it means to do this for someone. so kudos to kyra. :)

background

counter