Sunday, May 2, 2010

random weekend pics

We've had a nice weekend. The weather has been the warmest it's been all year with temps in the mid to high 80s! Of course, when you combine that with the water problems up here - you can get some hot, thirsty people. As far as water goes, we're fine. We just decided to boil our own and let the rest of Boston fight over the stuff in the stores. No worries. :)

On Saturday, Abs and I went to a little sing-song group they have at the library and had a nice time, as we were leaving, I saw that a little carnival had popped up across the street, so we made plans to come back after her nap.

Abs was pretty impressed with this carnival game. Ducks! :)


Abs was too small for most of the rides, and her parents were too cheap for the others. But, we did decide to spring the $3 bucks for her to ride the carousel. She seemed to really enjoy it. :)

First carousel ride!


weeeee!

After the carousel ride, we debated on what kind of carnival food to introduce to Abby and decided on cotton candy.

unfortunately, she wasn't really a fan.

We didn't stay a long time at the carnival, but we had a nice time. It was good to get out and do something with the 3 of us....just for fun. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out around the house and getting some light house work done. We have some birds that have taken up residence in our dryer hose. I spent a good bit of time watching them this weekend. I'm not really sure what to do about them, but for the moment, we're not going to do anything and just hope that they (and their babies) don't cause too much damage. Let's see, what else? Kyle and I watched Food Inc. on Saturday night - which was good. It made us feel good about some of the choices we've made as far as our food goes and inspired us to continue to make more positive changes. If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out.

This pictures makes me laugh. This is how she prefers to wear her crown she got at Chuck E Cheese. Silly girl :)

And then, it was Sunday. We went out for lunch today and Abby had pizza - which she loved. Although, you may not be able to tell from her pictures. Again, these just made me laugh, so I thought I'd share....



I mentioned that it was hot today, right? Well, we opened our windows and hoped that we could stave off using the AC for a few more days. Buuuuut, not so much. It got really hot in the house, and when poor Abby woke up from her nap, she was soaked. And when her hair gets wet, it gets curly.
see?

We just did housework this afternoon. And my vacuum died. It just quit running. That's kind of sad...except that it means I *might* get to shop for a new vacuum, which would be happy because I've disliked ours for a looooong time.

Oh, I also made it to the gym tonight for the first time in....way too long. It was so hot. I almost couldn't finish my class for the heat. But, I did. Yay?

One thing was for sure, Kyle and I did not want anything hot for dinner. We both wanted something cold. So, I made a nice cool crisp salad. Mmmmm.

red peppers, green peppers, squash, onion, tomatoes, carrots, celery, olives, lettuce, chicken, sunflower seeds, cheese, and a little balsamic vin. Yum.

I know, this was a really random post. Sorry about that. I just didn't feel like making 4 different posts for all these tidbits, and wanted to empty out my camera.
Bottom line - we had a nice weekend and we actually got to spend it together - which was like a breath of fresh air.

1 comment:

Brandy@YDK said...

I love your random posts. I love the on carousel picture - she looks so happy. Glad to hear you got a family day.

background

counter