Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You Capture - Spring (part II)

This week's You Capture challenge was "Spring" It was spring last week too - but, let's face it, there's a lot to capture this time of year!

I had a hard time editing down my pictures to just a few, so I decided I wouldn't - and I would just share several!

So, here are some of my spring captures for this week. Enjoy!

we had the good fortune to go to a sox game this week, and I enjoyed getting a few pictures at the park. Say hello to the green monstah :)


Then, of course, I have the obligatory flower shots. At first, I told myself I would try to avoid doing too many flower shots - but man, they are just everywhere aren't they? And they're gorgeous!



Well, flowers aren't the only thing making an appearance this time of year. How about these little guys? It makes me think Richard Scarry thoughts all over again. :)


And finally, some new growth. I planted some cilantro on Earth Day and I was so excited to see that my little seed has turned to sprout! I really didn't think I was capable of growing anything - it's like 1st grade science class all over again, and I was excited. Meet Cilantro.


and these are just some of the pots on my window sill that caught my eye this morning. There's something about it that seems very "spring" to me. No?

And finally, I saw this guy this morning. Is the picture that great? no. But, it's more impressive if I tell you I shot it through my sunroof while holding a coffee in my other hand? ;)

So, that's what spring looks like around my neck of the woods. Go see what other fantastic pictures have sprung up this week at Beth's site!

If you're curious as to what this You Capture stuff is about - go check it out here. It's just for fun, and anyone with a camera can join in anytime. :)

23 comments:

tippytoe foxtrot said...

I love the caterpillar! I was hoping to catch a shot of one, too but only saw one when I didn't have my camera. These are all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the caterpillar shots! So cute and a great, vibrant green!

Kim said...

I LOVE the first caterpillar picture! So cute!

Jen said...

I love that inchworm!

Kirsten said...

I'm very impressed with the bird shot! But I love the caterpillar ones too!

Bobbi Sharp said...

Inch worm...def fave!

tiarastantrums said...

yeah to the baseball shot!! would be better if it were the cubbies!!!!!!! (smiles)

shellycoulter said...

Love your shots. Beautiful! Can't wait to go to some Rockies games this summer! Haven't seen a caterpillar in real life for years. Nice job finding spring all around!

Mamí♥Picture said...

aww what cute caterpillar!!
Lovely Captures!!
Have a Fabulous Thursday!!!
☼¨`*•.♥【ツ】♥.•*¨`☼

Regina Lynn said...

Wow, not sure I can pick a favorite here! Love the "B" shot, as well as the hyacinth from above!

Star said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The sidewalk chalk at our house usually ends up in the mouth, and I think Momma has more fun with it than baby, but it's a good time, nonetheless.
I adore your pics. I visited Boston a few years ago. Gorgeous place!
Great spring pics!

Colleen said...

The sky is amazing in that first shot and I love the inchworm!

Brandy@YDK said...

i love the worm shots. gorg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! Love the caterpillar.

Bec said...

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but man those lilac shots are amazing!

Mrs. McFadden said...

Caterpillars are my favorites, great capture!

Stillmary said...

All your pictures are exceptional. I'm not a worm fan but I am a fan of that first worm shot. The dandelion from the side? I'm embarrassed that I posted my everyday angle. Great job all around!

Julie said...

Very cool pics! Love the caterpillar, or inchworm, or whatever it was! and the flower from the side. :)

nic said...

wowza, your rendering of spring is fantastic.

i love the WAYupclose flowers, and the little guy inching along, and the hat shot, and okay i'm naming them all so there you go: i love them all.

(and also? i thought the bird capture was mighty nifty before i read the part about the sunroof and the coffee. now that's some impressive multi-tasking.)

juliannah said...

Love the cilantro. I am experimenting with herbs this year. Great shots!

Brooke said...

Love your eye for photographer. The flower shots are amazing but my fav (FAV) is the cute little caterpillar. That shot is ART!

Unknown said...

I love those shots of the tiny caterpillar!

Bethany said...

GREAT shots laura!

background

counter