Sunday, May 9, 2010

From Abby

Dear Granny, Ouma, and Great-Grandma,

Mom was explaining to me that today is Mother's Day. She said its a day when we take a little extra time to remind ourselves to be thankful for the moms in our lives and to thank the moms we know for the hard work they do everyday. So then I asked her how we were supposed to show the moms we know that we're thinking about them - especially since we live far away from you guys.

She said that maybe we could do a project and that would show them that we've been thinking about you all week long. I thought that sounded pretty good, so I made this sign for you. Mom said it wouldn't fit in the mail, so we took pictures.

like it?

Then mom said that maybe we should make some other signs so that you guys know who the sign was for. It took me a couple of tries, and mom helped me with the spelling, but I think my handwriting is improving.

Mom said that she thought you guys might like some more pictures of me with the sign, so then I suggested that we take pictures of me with the sign all over the place.

So, we took some on the slide, but I kept slipping down

And so we took some by the fence, but, you see, there was this squirrel on the other side and I got a little distracted

Ok, so I told mom not to post these pictures, but since she did, let me defend myself and just say that I started getting a little tired, and I was hungry, and then I fell down and scraped my hand and I just really didn't want to take any more pictures right then.

Mom said something about me being an uncooperative imp and said she would just take pictures that didn't show my face.

But, I won.
(mom said something about how she thought that this picture was probably one of the more accurate mother's day card pictures she'd seen, so she wanted to include it...even though I was being an imp...whatever that means.)

So, Granny, Ouma, and Great-Grandma - I'm really sorry that I didn't want to take any more pictures that day. I felt pretty bad about it, so the next day, I asked mom if we could try again. And she said we could. Yay!

Day two...let's do this.

I looked all over the neighborhood looking for the perfect spot to take a really great picture for you guys. We walked up and down the street and tried lots of different places.

I had to sit down and rest, but I was still planning and looking for the perfect spot.

I was about to give up hope, and I was getting tired again, so mom said that I could sit down and take a break. And, would you believe it? That resting spot turned out to be a pretty good picture spot.
Happy Mother's Day!

So, I hope you liked the pictures - and I hope you know that we're thinking about you guys extra a lot today! I think moms are pretty cool - and my mom said that you guys are like the most amazing moms ever - which is pretty awesome. So thank you for being such good mommies and such good grandparents too!

I love you forever,
Abbykat

4 comments:

hannah said...

I am in L.O.V.E. She is precious! And those pictures are great! So pretty! And you need to stop calling that precious angel baby from the Lord an imp...whatever that might be :) happy mothers day to one of the best moms I know. I mean that laura. I'm so lucky I get to watch you be a mom...many miles away. Love you all.

Brandy@YDK said...

Such a great idea. And love Abby's story. she sure is a cute imp.

Anonymous said...

I love Mother's day because I love my children and grandchihld so much. Impness is a necessary ingrediant. One day I'm going to explain to Abbycat that mom really appreciates a child's breakfast in bed more if the kitchen is a mess.
I love you so much!

Granny

Anonymous said...

Abby, that message is SO precious and so are you! Imp or not, we wish we could hug you and your special parents on this day! Thank you for bringing a HUGE smile to your Ouma. I love you forever!

background

counter